Opinions on Kahr?

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by RepeatDefender, Sep 19, 2007.

1. RepeatDefender

RepeatDefender New Member

I'm getting a Kahr P9 for CCW. Too bad I have to wait for the show at the NATC in Gwinnett on the 29th-30th :( to get it.

I used to have one and traded it. I have missed it ever since...

What do ya'll think of them?

2. jp233

jp233 hu huh, you said "Member"

Kahr's are great... I have it's all-steel brother, the K9 Elite.

I love it ! :p

3. luke0927

luke0927 New Member

Ive got the kahr .40 its a perfect daily carry gun.

4. RepeatDefender

So we three are the only Kahr owners on GPDO? :shock:

5. Bulldawg182

Bulldawg182 Active Member

I own a Kahr PM9 and carry it daily. I had some FTF problems at first with hollow points and doubted the guns reliability. I spoke w/ Kahr and they sent me a new replacement barrel via overnight mail which all but resolved the problem. Still, after shooting 30-50 rounds at the range, the gun will begin to get finicky once the ramp gets coated with powder. While the range is not the reason I own this gun and not what it's built for, I prefer every gun I own to this one if and when the time ever comes that I'd need it. I carry it for it's size and weight and ability to deliver a good defensive round. I did own a CW9 for a short time which is Kahr's "inexpensive" answer to 9mm and it ran perfectly.

I'm waiting for the day that Glock engineers and markets their own truly sub compact 9mm that can compete with the size & weight of the PM9. I'll be the first customer and you'll see the PM9 sold immediately! :roll:

6. Sine Nomen

Sine Nomen New Member

I too have a PM9. I really like the Kahr's in both design and execution, for what it is. They are excellent carry guns. They are not extended shooting target pistols (though I can put about 500 rounds through mine without issue.) To me the biggest advantage and disadvantage to the Kahr is how slim it is. It is great for ease and concealability of carry. Unfortunatly, this slim profile can be detrimental to shooting as the grip starts getting crowded if you have normal to large hands.
    All in all, I like my Kahr and am likely to buy another at some point. I do have to agree with LarDog, If Glock started making a pistol of truly equal compact dimensions, I think I would have to buy the Glock, if only for the (anticipated) price difference.

7. ThetaReactor

ThetaReactor Active Member

I'd like one, but at the price difference I'll make do with the Kel-Tec.

8. Firearmz

Firearmz New Member

They are cute guns.

9. RepeatDefender

:pointlol: I guess I should have asked for informed opinions... :roll:

10. luke0927

luke0927 New Member

i have not experienced one issue with mine.....as said its not a long range fire guns...its a nice daily carry gun that can be carried easily and comfortably and will get the job done if you need it too.

11. jp233

jp233 hu huh, you said "Member"

i think everyone in America is waiting on the single-stack, 9mm Glock subcompact. thinner than a G26.

i hope we arent waiting much longer. Glock could KILL that market and take it over 90%

that being said, I sitll love my Kahr K9 and haven't carried the G26 yet :)