Opinion on Colt XSE Commander?

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by rabbivj, Sep 28, 2010.

1. rabbivj

rabbivj My Name is Inigo Montoya

Greetings, i may be in the market for a Colt XSE Commander. Just wondering if anyone has owned one or shot one and what they think of it?

2. Docindahouze

Docindahouze Member

I have shot two, both ran 100%. Only thing I didn't like was the "duckbill" grip safetly, it's pretty annoying.

3. ARMT Guy

ARMT Guy Ordinary Average Guy

You mean, something like one of these?

[​IMG]

Great shooter. A good friend of mine has one and after firing his Colt, I jumped on the first one I saw for sale. Other than its rather sharp edges that tend to shave off bits of leather from the inside of my VM2, I really like it. It's a good, solid pistol. It's a bit on the heavy side, ( for me.. I prefer my Kimber CDP Pro II over my Colt Commander ) however, it's rock solid, accurate as hell and one mighty fine pistol. I haven't had the chance to really get to know it yet, ( that'll change once I get back state-side :wink: ) but I'm very impressed with it overall. 8)

I got these Pachmeyer grips soon after I bought it. I like the balance between the more positive grip with the rubber finger grooves in the front and the smooth, more snag-free wood side panels, than all of one or the other. Plus, I really like their appearance, too. 8)

You can't go wrong with the Prancin' Pony! :righton: :love: