Open Carry/Wally World Dahlonega

Discussion in 'General GWL Questions' started by Watch_Their_Hands, Apr 19, 2007.

1. Watch_Their_Hands

Watch_Their_Hands New Member

My wife needs to pick up a few things at Wally World in Dahlonega tonight. I am thinking about open carrying there. I believe WW's policy is concealed carry. Anyone have any info about this or about the Dahlonega store? Good, bad, etc? Thanks.

2. Watch_Their_Hands

Guess I will be carrying concealed. Thanks, MP.

3. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

NO!

Open carry! That might be their policy but I go to my Wal*Mart all the time and open carry. Hell, even in the Wal*Mart near my parents house where it is all rich soccer moms they don't care.

The worst that can happen is they ask you to put it in the car. You go to the car put your shirt over your gun and go get your stuff.

I don't think you will have a problem. Just give it a try.

4. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

I open carried in Walmart in Eugene, Oregon without incident. But be prepared to leave if they ask.

5. S&W 40

S&W 40 Active Member

Dahlonega, if the movie I watched again a few weeks ago with my wife I would always carry there :lol: Remeber Burt and friends :wink:

6. Watch_Their_Hands

Thanks for the input. Fine, Ramm, I will open carry. :D You pro-carry bastard. :wink: Hell, I wanted to anyway, was just trying to get someone to say, "Go ahead, carry!" :twisted:

I called Wal-Mart in Dahlonega from my computer a few minutes ago, and the manager said to me, "Cops come in here all the time with their guns, I don't see a difference."

Should I be asked to leave or put my gun in the car, I will do so. Will report on the experience later tonight.

7. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Good. I am glad you chose the right thing 8)

8. NetAdminWithGun

NetAdminWithGun New Member

I think i'm the only person who has a negative experience, but then again i was with 2 other open carry people :) and buying ammo.

9. Watch_Their_Hands

Ya, NetAdminWithGun, I remembered your post and thought about that. :wink: I was going to buy a couple hundred rounds while there, as my wife and I are target shooting on a friends property Sunday, (her first time going with me, :woohoo: ) but I'll wait and go back Sat. to get the ammo. :D Baby steps...

Ya, Ramm, Bobby Sue is strapped on now. That's my .357 Taurus. A lady likes it when you call her by name. :wink:

10. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Wow, you asked permission, and they did not say no? I guess you have your answer.

11. pro2am

pro2am New Member

Wow, you asked permission, and they did not say no? I guess you have your answer.[/quote:cgruj44c]

Yeah, they'll be waiting now.

12. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Watch, I buy ammo all the time from ww. The lady at the sporting goods counter at the walmart near my parents house is the nicest person ever.

13. Watch_Their_Hands

Funny, MP~, forgot about your dry wit. :wink: That's why I called from my comp. Cut me some slack, I'm still a newbie. :lol:

14. Watch_Their_Hands

Well, I toured Wally World open carry this evening. Very smooth. 13-14 people noticed, none stared. The cashier, a lady that needed a serious shave, gave me a hard look but said nothing. :D

Felt good, real good. 8)

15. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I've open caried or semi open caried at the Mansell, Windward, and Cumming locations with no problems.

16. maddog

maddog New Member

I have semi open carried in kingsland walmart several times, no problems yet ... but don't think anyone even noticed (except my wife)

17. Watch_Their_Hands

18. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

\:D/

I concur!