1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
69,318 Posts
GAGunOwner said:
I'm trying to figure out what states that I can't already conceal in but that I'll be able to open carry in without a license?

OpenCarry.org, according to my understanding, says that Virginia, West Virginia, and New Mexico should be alright?
Way, way off.

Lots of states allow open carry - no license needed. They are the "Gold Star" open carry states.

But there are others.

Oregon comes to mind instantly.

Many of the "Orange" states are good to go. For instance, Oregon is orange only because its pre-emption covers only licensed individuals, and therefore a municipality might have an ordinance not covered by state law.

You will have to check them each individually to see if they fit your situation.

And of course, you can already carry concealed legally in many of the states in which open carry is no crime and requires no license to practice.

Nebraska
Kansas
Nevada
Washington (only orange because it is uncommon)
Ohio?

·
Registered
15,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
69,318 Posts
GAGunOwner said:
So you are saying that you can open carry in Oregon without a license?
It is the only way you can carry in Oregon. No reciprocity or nonresident license.

What about the other states I listed?

I think there are more, too.

·
Sledgehammer
4,784 Posts
WI has no licensing or CCW allowed at all.

But, open carry is not prohibited (although it is not allowed in a car, so that makes it kind of difficult). Good chance of getting hassled by "man with a gun call," though, especially in the larger cities.

·
69,318 Posts
Yeah, Wisconsin, too. I think as you click on the orange states, you will find a lot more than three.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts