Open Carry State's/U.S. Territories without license?

Discussion in 'National Laws, Bills and Politics' started by GAGunOwner, Sep 1, 2006.

1. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Way, way off.

Lots of states allow open carry - no license needed. They are the "Gold Star" open carry states.

But there are others.

Oregon comes to mind instantly.

Many of the "Orange" states are good to go. For instance, Oregon is orange only because its pre-emption covers only licensed individuals, and therefore a municipality might have an ordinance not covered by state law.

You will have to check them each individually to see if they fit your situation.

And of course, you can already carry concealed legally in many of the states in which open carry is no crime and requires no license to practice.

Nebraska
    Kansas
    Nevada
    Washington (only orange because it is uncommon)
    Ohio?

2. Malum Prohibitum

It is the only way you can carry in Oregon. No reciprocity or nonresident license.

What about the other states I listed?

I think there are more, too.

3. jrm

jrm Sledgehammer

WI has no licensing or CCW allowed at all.

But, open carry is not prohibited (although it is not allowed in a car, so that makes it kind of difficult). Good chance of getting hassled by "man with a gun call," though, especially in the larger cities.

4. Malum Prohibitum

Yeah, Wisconsin, too. I think as you click on the orange states, you will find a lot more than three.