Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GCO received this email from Kathy Morrison from Chip's Southern Cookin' which is an invite to hold an open carry event in the Alpharetta area or an invite to a gun friendly restaurant.

Mr. Henry, just wanted to let you know that at our restaurant, Chip's Southern Cookin', I encourage customers who are wearing to eat in our store. If your members want to get together for great southern food on the north side of town, your guns are welcome here. Thanks. www.chipscookin.com 4055 Old Milton Parkway, Alpharetta, Georgia 30005 678-297-9000.
Just passin' along the information.

·
Custom User Title
1,663 Posts
ooooooooooo Something "close" to me.

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,894 Posts
Wow, what a great message to receive. If I am ever around that area, I will certainly stop in for a bite and give them my business. That's great.

Maybe GCO or even just GPDO could stage an open carry event there just to show our appreciation and give them out business. Its very important to support pro-carry establishments, especially in such a tough economic time. We've got to do our part to keep places like this in business.

Thank you for posting this, Jerry. :righton:

·
Registered
330 Posts
They had closed for awhile and then moved in to a new location across the street from their former one.I had heard that they were Gun Friendly. Chip's is a mile from my house. I will have to pay them a visit and pass the word around Alpharetta for people to stop in.

·
Registered
4,414 Posts
My ladyfriend and I were in the neighborhood this afternoon so we stopped in for a late lunch/early dinner. The food was excellent. Good old fashioned southern country food like Mom used to make. Choose your meat and as many vegetables as you can think of. Cornbread and iced tea to wash it down with. I got so full there just wasn't room to try those delicious desserts.

I was open carrying and nobody batted an eyelash.

BTW, they will be open Thanksgiving Day in case anyone doesn't already have plans.

A positive experience, and I left a GCO card with my (reasonably priced) bill and generous tip.

For those of you who are cigar or pipe smokers, there's a tobacconist right next door with a walk-in humidor.

I'll stop now before I start to sound like a paid commercial.

·
I watch the watchers
12,883 Posts
guardguy said:
Might have to try them out.
Never ate nor heard of them before, but with a response like theirs, I shall indeed support them with funds :)
In return for a tiny bit of food, of course.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I can also speak for the Cigar Shop next door to them. Excellent prices, Jimmy is a great guy to deal with, have been in there many times CC, I will have to ask him his feelings on OC. IMHO I think he would be fine with it

·
Banned
6,624 Posts
Nullifier said:
For those of you who are cigar or pipe smokers, there's a tobacconist right next door with a walk-in humidor.
Icing on the cake... A Rocky Patel Vintage 1992 for desert!

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
me and mine will be enjoying thanksgiving dinner there at 4p on thurs

1 - 16 of 16 Posts