Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
rmodel65 said:
didnt watch the vid....but yeah OC in cali is legal but you must do so unloaded
Wow so can you carry concealed at all with a permitt? Is open carry for those without permitts?

·
Yukon Cornelius
11,740 Posts
Signal 69 said:
rmodel65 said:
didnt watch the vid....but yeah OC in cali is legal but you must do so unloaded
Wow so can you carry concealed at all with a permitt? Is open carry for those without permitts?
you can carry concealed with a permit(and iirc one county is now Shall Issue due to a law suit) you carry openly without a permit unloaded but iirc there is also a Open Carry Loaded permit...

·
Registered
157 Posts
Someone please enlighten me, I know it's Commifornia, but any ideas about the logic behind an unloaded open carry option? What would be the point in having an overpriced paper weight strapped to your side?

·
Yukon Cornelius
11,740 Posts
RaginCajun said:
Someone please enlighten me, I know it's Commifornia, but any ideas about the logic behind an unloaded open carry option? What would be the point in having an overpriced paper weight strapped to your side?
legislature that passed the law probably knew they couldnt ban OC so they just made it harder to do legally...iirc it was doen in response to the black panthers when they marched in to the state house

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
RaginCajun said:
any ideas about the logic behind an unloaded open carry option? What would be the point in having an overpriced paper weight strapped to your side?
I belive the idea is that carrying an unloaded gun, which can be loaded in 3-5 seconds if needed, is better than having no gun at all. I certainly would think so.

·
I may be slow, but I sure am ugly
1,221 Posts
Odd thing about the OC movement in CA - most of the people that are posting the YouTube videos keep an empty mag in their guns...I never did that when I was out there last summer, it just seemed to slow down the loading process if you needed to go "hot". But I guess it betrayed the fact to BG's that, at most, you might have one in the pipe...

·
68,665 Posts
It is odd to see all of the shock and outrage at the state of the law in California, when this issue is better than Georgia. Carrying an unloaded pistol openly in Georgia without a license to do so will land you in :jail:

Also, it is legal to load outside the city limits - again illegal in Georgia, of course.

Gov. Schwarzennegger vetoed a bill restricting this practice within the last couple of years.

·
Registered
6,950 Posts
I grew up in California. I always used to carry loaded in the county where our ranch was located. (Modoc) It was rural, and nobody ever batted an eye at this kid of 17 with a Ruger Hogleg on his hip. Urban areas, it is indeed illegal to carry loaded.

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
The requirement to carry unloaded in the city limits could likely be challenged under the Heller opinion that requiring a locked and unloaded gun is unconstitutional. I hope in the near future all permits for gun carry in all states are optional.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts