Open Carry at MMM?

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Malum Prohibitum, Jun 5, 2007.

1. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

:D

From VCDL Alert:

11. Recent MMM meeting in Burke

Henry Heymering had a great comment about the last paragraph in this short article.

"Ugh... and if this were the Mother's Against Drunk Drivers would they all walk there or take a bus so as not to remind the Mother's of automobiles?"

Thanks to Board Member Bruce Jackson for the link.

From The Connection Newspapers:
    http://tinyurl.com/3c3mj7

County Notebook
    Julia O'Donoghue
    May 30, 2007

Gun Rights, Gun Control Showdown

Gun rights and gun control advocates faced off during a recent meeting of the Million Mom March’s Northern Virginia chapter at the Kings’
    Park Library in Burke last week.

The Million Mom March, a gun control advocacy group, had set up a meeting to allow former National Rifle Association lobbyist Bob Ricker [this is the AHSA guy, M.P.] speak about gun laws. Approximately two dozen attendees showed up with about half carrying their guns openly and visibly, said Laura Sonnenmark, a member of the Million Mom March.

Gun rights advocates in attendance at the meeting said they were interested in Ricker’s speech and whether he would advocate denying gun owners their right to bear arms.

"We are always interested in the thoughts of gun prohibitionists.
    Basically, ‘know thy enemy,’ and that is about it," said James Kadison, a member of the Virginia Citizens Defense League who attended the event.
    But members of the Million Mom March found the meeting attendees who had their guns exposed intimidating, said Sonnemark.

"I just thought it was very cruel because we do have members who have been victims of gun violence or lost family members to gun violence,"
    she said.

2. Sharky

Sharky New Member

"I just thought it was very cruel because we do have members who have been victims of gun violence or lost family members to gun violence,"
    she said.

So now the groups members are profiling any law abiding citizen openly carrying into the same classification as a criminal who is concealing illegally and and committing a crime.

Man, I tell ya :roll:

3. gsusnake

gsusnake Token Liberal Hippie

Shame that wouldn't float in GA.

You know, public gatherings and such.

4. viper32cm

viper32cm New Member

GET OVER YOURSELVES.

I know of people who lost friends and family because of gun control. Maybe those people should have the right to exclude politicians from their presence.

Life sucks get a helmet (and carry if you want).

5. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

Sharky, you know, she's right. I think all of the problems with the MMMers would go away if we just kept all those cruel cops away from them at all times. What are they thinking, going around with such dangerous things on their belts! Don't they care about the MMMers? :x

6. Sharky

Sharky New Member

you know this is just another example of how sstupid the mass has become. We were once a society not afraid to protect ourselves, women included. Although the usually had a good man around back in the day I am told taking care of them. These days they dial 911 scream, vomit, whatever else they are old to do, but please dont buy a gun to defend yourself.

Bahhh Humbug......... People get what they sew. (SP?)

They want to be sheep, let em be. But as some here have said and display as an avatar, dont tread on me.

7. Malum Prohibitum

I like your current avatar.

8. Sharky

Sharky New Member

9. Malum Prohibitum

2. Million Mean-spirited Moms disrupt their own meeting because of pro-gun video cameras!

In the last few alerts, I have been saying how mean-spirited the anti-gunners are. And they have just helped me make my point and I have video to prove it!

The Northern Virginia Million Mom Marchers (all 5 or 6 of them), had a public meeting in a public library earlier this week. Several gun owners, including some VCDL members, showed up to hear what the speakers were going to say.

All the gun owners were either carrying concealed or not carrying at all, and two brought video cameras.

The MMM representative tried to get the gun owners to turn off their cameras or sign the following agreement:

I agree that any photographic representations recorded at this
    meeting will be used solely by me for my private use and will not
    be copied, or made available to any other person or organization
    without the prior consent of the Northern Virginia Million Mom
    March."

A gun owner declined to sign the hastily written waiver.

That's where things got nasty.

The MMMs told the people attending the meeting [half of which were gun owners ;-)] that the meeting was going to be cancelled because the gun owners were INTIMIDATING the MMM's speakers with their video cameras!!! (I couldn't make this stuff up if I wanted to.)

Sorry, MMMs, but you disrupted your own meeting.

The person who didn't sign the agreement was then disparaged by saying he had a small penis (the comment is caught on the video below).

Could you imagine if I shutdown a VCDL meeting because an anti-gunner brought a video recorder and then disparaged her by commenting on the spacious size of her rump? Egads.

What were they going to say that they didn't want to be held accountable for?

There was a uniformed Fairfax police officer in the room. Was he providing security (!) or was he going to speak (!)?

Here are some quotes that show the kind of people that make up the MMMs:

"We have been threatened by them [gun owners] so many times. And abused and badgered by them so many times that it is nothing to us."
    [Threatened and abused? Oh, please. Laughed at, yes. - PVC]

"Can they tape with us standing in front of the camera? I mean legally we can do that."

"We apologize for him [the gun owner who wouldn't sign the MMM's agreement]."

"He can't help it. His penis size is too small."

"Permission to call him an asshole?"

Here are the videos - rated H for hateful:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZAsyrBTvN2g
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=Lc8uXTfpdHM
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=-CnDvnPFzL0

and more:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOg1pEnddwM
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kq1h8_Y0P7M
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-cD-H3s7aQ

10. gsusnake

gsusnake Token Liberal Hippie

So much "wrong" here there isn't even any room for any "right".

When's the next meeting? Can I go to NOVA and help the VCDL boys out?

11. tj2000

tj2000 New Member

I'm sorry......

I guess I would have responded a little differently with "Oh, you thought it was big enough last night".
    :rotfl:

12. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

Re: I'm sorry......

I've said it before and I'll say it again: tj is all class.

;)

13. Malum Prohibitum

It was cancelled because the AHSA guy and the police officer did not want to be videotaped speaking.

They must not be very proud of what they are saying.

14. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

intimidated by firearms and video cameras.

15. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

Fake Guns?

If we (not literally us, but any group of gun -rights activists in Georgia) wanted to "open carry" at a march, rally, other such thing that may be a "public gathering," I wonder if it would be legal to do that with a realistic-looking cap gun, non-functional replica, or other non-firearm that looks like a gun?

Can a toy that looks like a gun be legally considered a deadly weapon? It could if the statute itself said so, as it does for armed robbery. But what about the other gun laws of this state? What about 16-11-127? Or even 127.1, regarding school zones?

I don't want to be the test case. Not long ago our Supreme Court ruled that a corpse is a "human being" who can be killed even after death by a murderer who shoots the corpse in the mistaken belief that it is still a living human being. Intent of the offender is the key, don't you know, and the actual text of the law is just a technicality that shouldn't stand in the way of justice. So if your intent is to make people think you've violated the law, it's fair and just for the State to make you think it will throw you in prison for it-- by actually throwing you in prison, even though you didn't actually break the law. (But you broke the spirit of the law, and spirits count more).

16. Malum Prohibitum

Re: Fake Guns?

I wonder if the courts would uphold the First Amendment and toss the cases?

17. Macktee

Macktee New Member

Re: Fake Guns?

Excellent question. I wonder if we could get a volunteer to find out... Anyone?