Oops...

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by jccls, Feb 15, 2007.

1. jccls

jccls New Member

I just removed the slide from my Glock 27 and wanted to see the trigger mechanism motion, so I pushed the trigger forward a couple of times and pulled.

Then I read in the manual that "The following actions are not permitted on the weapon, since they could lead to damage:
    --...with the slide removed, the trigger shall not be manually brought into the foremost position and actuated. The trigger shall only be brought into the foremost position by pushing back the slide."

:(

So, do I have to worry about the safeties not working in the future, or about it not firing when I need it? Or am I just being paranoid about ruining my brand new gun??!

2. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

You're fine.

I've done this a few time. And last weekend put 200 rounds through it.

Nothing to worry about. Unless you forced it in a way that might actually damage something. But, I've done it before and I know it didn't hurt mine.

Edited to add:

The only two things that would be rubbing against each other are the trigger bar and the connector. So, unless your actions resulted in any disfiguring of the connector, you're good to go.

3. jccls

jccls New Member

Whew! Thank you!

4. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

No problem.

Now that you've field stripped it, you gotta work up the courage to break it completely apart.

Get a Glock Armorers Tool - $8 shipped.

I was nervous my first time, but now I can do it in my sleep.

5. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I'm still too chicken to detail strip my 17. I let Jason at Bullseye put in do my trigger job.

6. jccls

jccls New Member

Awesome! Thanks for the link!

7. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

8. jccls

jccls New Member

Thanks, that would be great. What's the difference between the 92 and 02 versions?

Okay, I have one more stupid/paranoid question:

The guy who sold me the G27 tried to show me how to take it apart, but he had no idea how to do it. What he did was put the (empty) clip in, pulled the slide all the way back, pushed the side buttons down and then pressed the slide release button. Obviously it didn't work, so he did it another several times. The last time, he just pulled the trigger after releasing the slide, and it fell off.

My paranoid question is: could this have screwed up my gun? Do I have anything to worry about (e.g., the safeties might not work)?

9. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Difference in the two manuals? I didn't look, b/c I've just been using the latest version.

Keep in mind that I have no official certification from Glock. YET

The proper way to take down a Glock is to:
    1. Drop the mag.
    2. Rack the slide and see if there is a cartridge in the chamber.
    3. With the slide forward, and the gun empty, pull the trigger.
    4. Slightly pull back on the slide, then actuate the slide lock bar.
    5. Move the slide forward and off of the frame.
    6. Remove the guide rod.
    7. Take out the barrel.

This is the basic field strip.

But to answer your question, no it will not compromise the safeties.

At most, the only thing that could have been damaged was the slide lock bar. So next time you have your Glock apart just look at it to make sure it is still straight. I don't believe that a little force is going to break it, but even if it did bend it some it is a really cheap part to replace ($4) and even easier to install.