OOPS!!! Wow . . .

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Malum Prohibitum, Oct 10, 2007.

1. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Police Arrest Man for Bringing Gun into Gwinnett Courthouse

:shock:

So, I am a felon. I have a gun and drugs in a briefcase. What should I do? Oh, I know! I will try to get through security at the courthouse! :lol:

2. 47Cowboy

47Cowboy New Member

Yeppers ,

This, once again confirms my belief that

"common sense is an uncommon virtue" :rotfl2: :jail:

3. Sharky

Sharky Active Member

wonder what else was in the briefcase!!!

4. blind_shake

blind_shake Well-Known Member

My theory is... he was just released, couldn't hack it, and wanted to make sure that one if not all the charges would stick so he would never have to be on the outside again. Some people can't take the outside. Once you been in for the major part of your life. He was a felon so he must've been in for a good while. Is why repeat offenders tend to committ crimes only days after being let out.

5. jeepsterwannabe

jeepsterwannabe New Member

my grandmother puts her perscription drugs into those little boxes that have days of the week on the little lids... is she a criminal?

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Wait... Which one of the 150 + Felonies did he commit?

7. Boy Racer

Boy Racer New Member

Reminds me of the time I almost went to jail:

I had two modern revolvers given to me by inheritance: my mother was the executrix of a will of one of her friends. So after his passing, she became the owner of the two modern handguns. She did not want them, so she wanted to give them to me.

Now, at the time, MD law required all handgun transfers, both sales and gifts, had to be recorded by the MD State Police. On the MDSP website, on the how-to-affect-the-transfer page, it read 'private sellers/buyers must come in person to the nearest police station and bring with them the weapons and valid photo IDs'.

So, Mom and I went to the barracks in Fredneck, right next door to the MVA driving testing place. I had two unloaded wheel guns locked in two cases as we walked into the lobby, asking how to complete the two transfers; one to her from the dead guy, then the other from her to me.

The desk jockey about had a bird right there and then. He flipped his wig when we let him know that we had two handguns with us inside the lobby of the state police barracks.

We had to leave, go lock the guns in Mom's trunk, re-enter the barracks, fill out the paperwork, and then have the Statie assigned to us go to the car with us, pick up the guns himself from the trunk, and he carried them inside to do the voodoo that he did.

It was friggin' stupid. But then again, so is MD.

8. Mafuta54

Mafuta54 Active Member

Only if she takes them out of the house!! :lol:

9. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

Grandma a Criminal?

Um, yeah, it looks like she'd be a criminal for putting her prescription medication (if it's a "dangerous drug" as most of them are) in an aftermarket pill box like they sell at every drugstore.

"O.C.G.A. 16-13-75: DRUGS TO BE KEPT IN ORIGINAL CONTAINER: Possession and control of controlled substances or dangerous drugs by anyone other than the individuals specified in Code Section 16-13-35 or 16-13-72 (basically, doctors and pharmacists and pharmacy-industry workers) shall be LEGAL ONLY IF such drugs are in the original container in which they were dispensed... and are labeled according to Code Section 26-3-8."

A violation of this code section is a misdemeanor crime, per O.C.G.A. 16-13-79. It's a violation of Georgia's drug laws, so a conviction or first offender plea would forever make you ineligible to have a carry permit, right? (Don't you love these laws? They make so much sense!)

10. Macktee

Macktee New Member

Some of my Schedule II drugs are dispensed in a 3" x 5" x 5" cardboard box. When I'm out and about, I carry a few of them with me loose, in my pocket.

Guess that makes me a criminal as well...

Ya jest gots ta luv dem drug laws.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How about we just change the name to "War Against Common Sense"?

:?

11. adcurt

adcurt New Member

Ok, hand's up - which one of you ne'er-do-wells took a gun to the courthouse? :roll:

12. merlock

merlock Active Member

One of our members did just that.

13. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

You can say that again.

14. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

But he was not a felon. And for what it's worth, several of our members have done just that.