Only in NY.....

Discussion in 'Off-topic Political' started by UtiPossidetis, Aug 17, 2018.

1. UtiPossidetis

UtiPossidetis American

Only in NY would they have a governor so insipid and PC that he would quote Antifa as if it were a profound statement that would help launch his 2020 bid.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

"SMASH WHITE SUPREMACY" screamed the gang of white supremacists Antifa activists.

3. Bkite

Bkite PawPaw x 3

Nope...not only in NY is that sentiment held. San Fran. Los Angeles, Atlanta, etc hell even in Washington DC...

4. UtiPossidetis

UtiPossidetis American

The opinion is held but the statement I made in the OP was about their ELECTED Governor. The former first lady has never held elected office.

5. OWM

OWM Well-Known Member

We are in a Damn Mess people.

Bkite likes this.
  6. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Wait, that sign has John Brown on it . . . John Brown was a deeply religious man with a focus on personal righteousness. He was also firmly a capitalist, having owned several businesses, and he developed a special expertise in fine wool. The persons holding that sign might also be horrified to discover Brown was solidly Republican. He went to Kansas to bring political violence to Democrats, who until then pretty much had a monopoly on violence in Kansas. What in the world do they think that they have in common with a religious, capitalist, Republican who attacked Democrats?

Brown was also critical of the behavior of blacks. "Colored people have more fast friends among the whites than they suppose and would have ten times the number they now have were they but half as much in earnest to secure their dearest rights as they are to ape the follies and extravagances of their white neighbors, and to indulge in idle show, in ease, and in luxury." Probably would not go over well in a speech to a local antifa group . . .

Patriotism? He felt the Declaration of Independence was second in importance only to the Bible. He was proud of his roots in the Mayflower . . .

I could go on and on . . .

But suffice it to say for now that John Brown was the opposite of this leftist crowd in just about every way I can consider. I guess I have to chalk it up to ignorance and the very poor state of education these days, particularly when it comes to history, which has been fully propagandized by the left.

He is a man worthy of admiration, but I have a feeling these antifa types admire some apocryphal misinterpretation of him rather than the things for which he really stood.

TimBob and Bkite like this.
  7. Bkite

Bkite PawPaw x 3

I am well aware she has never held elected office. I would argue that far more hold fast to her words and her opinions than crazy Coumo's. Besides, give her time, the insanity is just getting cranked up...