Only in Kalifornia...

Discussion in 'In the News' started by merlock, Apr 5, 2007.

1. merlock

merlock New Member

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17952308/from/RS.1/

SACRAMENTO, Calif. - A south Sacramento man who told police he was defending his property was arrested early Wednesday after shooting a teenager who was allegedly trying to steal his car, authorities said. Police said 42-year-old Sou Saechin told them he accidentally shot the teen at about 3 a.m. on Rock Creek Way.

But officials said Saechin went too far in trying to protect his red Honda.

"What we try to stress to people is that deadly force, the use of a firearm, is never justified under any circumstances to protect property," said Sgt. Matt Young of the Sacramento Police Department.

Police said Saechin came outside of his home armed with a .22-caliber rifle and confronted three alleged burglars.

Saechin fired one shot, hitting one of the alleged burglars in the chest. The three fled the scene, police said.

Saechin's wife said her husband was not trying to kill anyone but only wanted to warn the robbers.

Saechin was taken to jail on suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon. Bail was set at $30,000.

The injured teenager was taken to Kaiser Permanente Medical Center for treatment and is expected to survive. Police said they are looking for two other people who were involved in the attempted theft. The men were described as Asian and between 18 and 20 years old.

2. jgullock

jgullock Active Member

I'm so glad I left the PRC.

3. merlock

merlock New Member

Me too...

4. ber950

ber950 Active Member

He would be in the same mess in GA. Deadly force is not allowed to simply stop a thief.

5. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Active Member

Yep.
    Which is why I didn't fire upon them right away officer. I approached them and demanded they get away from my vehicle & leave my property and that the police were already on the way (since my wife would be inside calling them while I was confronting, hopefully looking through the scope at the one on the right - she always takes the right I go to the left and we agree to meet in the middle. If there are an odd # then whoever is faster gets the extra targets!). At that point the three men moved toward me, one had something in his hand. I felt threatened and feared for my life. I then brandished my weapon. The men continued to approach. It was at this point I fired. Repeatedly. I changed out clips because there were three of them and they didn't flee until after the first 11 shots were fired. I hate that they forced me to fire upon them but I was certain they were about to kill me, molest my dog, eat my child, burn down my house & then steal my car. I had no choice. I also want to press charges against the men & file a civil suit against their families. I believe I'd like to speak with my lawyer now.
    :lol:

6. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

"Officer, I was in fear for my life. I'd like to cooperate with the investigation as much as possible but at this time I would like to speak to a lawyer."

7. Macktee

Macktee New Member

What Tinkerhell and Ramstein said plus......:

"He had a gun. There it is on the ground next to him and I'll bet it has his fingerprints on it.

Really? It's not loaded and it doesn't work? How strange."

(And even stranger, it looks exactly like an old POS .38 that belonged to my grandfather...)

"Oh yeah, I'd like to speak to my attorney before answering any additional questions."