One Minute Response Time

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by Malum Prohibitum, Jun 21, 2007.

1. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

The police got there in one minute, but the man still died. Nobody used a gun or knife.

http://www.11alive.com/news/article_new ... ryid=98972

2. legacy38

legacy38 Active Member

A lot can happen in a minute.

3. Mobster989

Mobster989 New Member

That's a pretty sad story. So let me get this straight two guys are driving along and hit a 2-yr old kid, the driver stops and gets out to check on the kid, a couple of people attack him, then the passenger gets out to help the driver and ends up beaten to death? Remind me to never help little kids in Austin.

4. moga

moga New Member

Reading over this tragic story serves as a sad personal reminder to carry at all times, because you never know when or where you may be violently attacked and may be forced to defend yourself against loss of life and limb.

5. Malum Prohibitum

It shows us what a perfect world it would be if nobody had a gun and there were so many police that response times were in the one minute range.

6. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

That story makes me think twice about not carrying a spare mag, especially when I'm carrying my PPK/S. It only holds 7 rounds. I hope they catch the people that beat the passenger to death.

7. Macktee

Macktee New Member

Especially during Juneteenth.....!

8. Sharky

Sharky New Member

unreal,

now think how it would be if you drove up 30 seconds into the beating not seeing or knowing what happned to he child.

What would you do?

9. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

They need a law against carry at public gatherings. That would have stopped it!

10. gsusnake

gsusnake Token Liberal Hippie

Even if they respond that quick, they're under no obligation to stop the crime according to SCOTUS...

11. Axeman

Axeman New Member

I gotta admit my FiveseveN mag carries 20 rounds so I don't usually carry a spare mag when not traveling but this makes me consider a back up mag. :-k

12. Malum Prohibitum

Thank goodness we have that covered in Georgia.

This was in Texas, where they do not have "sane" "sensible" and "reasonable" restrictions on places where one may carry, like here in Georgia. It is probably dangerous to carry on public transportation there, too, since they do not outlaw carry like Georgia, with our "sane" "sensible" and "reasonable" 20 years in prison for even going into the parking lot or bus stop.

13. Malum Prohibitum

Yes, he even carries in Hartsfield . . . :lol: Just not on video. :wink: