Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

Do you carry with a round in the chamber, and, if so, has it ever fired accidentally?

• I never carry a round in the chamber.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I carry a round in the chamber, and it has never fired accidentally.

• I carry a round in the chamber, and it has fired accidentally on one occassion.

• I carry a round in the chamber, and it fires accidentally every now and then.

• I carry a round in the chamber, and it fires accidentally on a regular basis.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Professional Troll
2,148 Posts
I ALWAYS keep one in the chamber and it has NEVER fired negligently.

·
Registered
414 Posts
i always keep one in the chamber and it fires only when i tell it to.
one in the chamber or all you have is an expensive hammer. :twisted:

·
Registered
994 Posts
I carry a round in the chamber, and it fires accidentally on a regular basis.
I had a good laugh when I read this. :lol:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
geaux_tigers said:
I carry a round in the chamber, and it fires accidentally on a regular basis.
I had a good laugh when I read this. :lol:
I thought it would satisfy the antis. That's what they try to get people to believe happens!

Someone marked down that they did have an accidental discharge. I'm interested to know what kind of gun it was, whether the trigger was pulled accidentally, where it took place, whether LEOs got involved, etc.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I have seen one of the sales guys at bulleyemarksman in cumming accidental discharge a 22 rifle in the showroom in the ceiling when he was taking the 22 rifle apart to be cleaned.So be careful when cleaning guys always check the chamber. For me I don't keep one in the chamber for that reason when I carry my Glock with no safety I keep ammo in the clip unlike my Makarov which I keep hot and ready for action.So you some people think of safety first before chambering the weapon.

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
jason1 said:
I have seen one of the sales guys at bulleyemarksman in cumming accidental discharge a 22 rifle in the showroom in the ceiling when he was taking the 22 rifle apart to be cleaned.
That wasn't an accident. That was negligence.

Thakfully he had the muzzle pointed in a safe direction, so no one got hurt.

An "accidental discharge" (AD) happens when the gun itself malfunctions in some way. Any time the person holding the gun malfunctions, causing it to fire, it's a "Negligent discharge" (ND).

Unless you're a cop, then it's still an AD. Cops don't have NDs, they're professional enough.

·
Registered
775 Posts
I keep my .357 snubby loaded at all times, as well as its little sister, a .38 snubby. Revolvers: very dependable, near impossible to have an AD, and very difficult to have a ND. Haven't experienced either.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Mainly a revolver man here too. If semi is carried, one in and the others are waiting their turn.
A CCW handgun that is unloaded/unchambered is an expensive paperweight.

·
68,926 Posts
Maybe the poll should be edited to state the adverb "negligently" in substitution of "accidently" and then include a category for weapons that fire all by themselves with no input from the owner.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
I hate when mine do that.
I can't tell you how many times I've woken up in the night to hear my spoons and forks playing around in the kitchen and my pistols are out on the back deck firing randomly into the woods just because they can.

:lol:

·
68,926 Posts
Tinkerhell said:
. . . and my pistols are out on the back deck firing randomly into the woods just because they can.

:lol:
And they're usually drunk . . .
:drink:

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
Malum Prohibitum said:
Maybe the poll should be edited to state the adverb "negligently" in substitution of "accidently" and then include a category for weapons that fire all by themselves with no input from the owner.
Yeah, this one time my Glock got so excited that is just fired while inside of my holster. It was the craziest thing. To be fair, it was looking at a sexy little Glock 26.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Rammstein said:
Malum Prohibitum said:
Yeah, this one time my Glock got so excited that is just fired while inside of my holster. It was the craziest thing. To be fair, it was looking at a sexy little Glock 26.
would that be premature discharge??

1 - 20 of 37 Posts