One in a million!

Discussion in 'General GWL Questions' started by mike316atl, Aug 14, 2007.

1. mike316atl

mike316atl New Member

As some of you saw in my other posts i was a victim of a armed robbery 3 weeks ago. My license was one of the things they got. I went to the probate court in fulton county (downtown) and I got another in 1 Hr! I paid 5 dollars and showed my drivers license and that was it. The judge signed it right in front of me. Wow was i surprised. I wasnt even thinking i was going to get it today. Lucky me.

2. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Wow, that's awesome. Does anyone know how replacements work? Is there a probate record of your license that they can look at to see that you were previously issued a license?

3. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Mike,

There is a LOT of history behind why things are that way in Fulton. It did not used to be that way.

http://www.georgiacarry.org/cms/2007/03 ... lacements/

4. mike316atl

mike316atl New Member

yes

They can look in the DB and find you, but make sure u have a valid id before u try anything. But There is no DB the police can look into.

5. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

the court must keep your app on file for something like 9 years.

6. MLS 4506

MLS 4506 Active Member

mike316atl.......i believe malum prohibitum just showed you why you need to join GCO. :wink:

7. M249

M249 New Member

:ditto:

What he said.

8. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Does that 9 years reset when you renew?

9. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

I think so, let me see if I can find it.

10. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

Wow, took longer than I thought to find it. Mainly because I thought it was in the law when it is really a thing the probate courts as a collective (Council of Probate court Judges) have to do.

http://www.georgiacourts.org/aoc/public ... ecretn.pdf

11. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

Shoot, a year ago in Fulton you would still be waiting for your original GFL from two years ago.

Congrats on your re-issuance. Even though following the law is no reason for praise :lol:

Did you tell them HOW you lost your previous license?

12. mike316atl

mike316atl New Member

Yes

I told them it was stolen and I did have to fill out a affidavit. I had to do a quick background check at the police office (no charge) and I was done. I choose to wait because the clerk said i might get it back today. In about 15 mins. there it was. The only difference is they have a reissue date on the card in the fingerprint box. They did give me a new license #. Iv had nothing but good experences from the courthouse downtown. Got my original in about 45 days.

13. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Re: Yes

What would be the difference between the background check they did for your replacement and the original? If they're the same one, I don't see why it would take more than a week for new licensees.