Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this shoulder rig at the Conyers show for my 1911 Officers size .45ACP. It did not fit exactly as it should have (my fault), so I had a local shoe repair place shorten the strap that holds the gun in the holster. Now it fits perfectly.

Since I bought this holster, I picked up a Ruger P90. I was just fooling around with the shoulder hoster and stuck the P90 in the holster and to my surprise, it fit. The only problem was that I had the strap to hold the gun in shortened for the 1911 earlier. This is how the P90 fits in the holster.

This turned out to be a really easy fix. I took the shoulder holster and the P90 to the same shoe place from the first fix and they made me this:

The P90 now fits like this in the same holster that fits the 1911:

So now I have 1 shoulder holster that will fit 2 totally different guns. How cool is that? :)

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Too much trigger guard showing with the p90 for me. Not too mention too much trigger.

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
drtybykr said:
Too much trigger guard showing with the p90 for me. Not too mention too much trigger.
I could probably push it a little further in. Also, remember that most people do not open carry a shoulder holster. I realize some do, but this was bought for winter carry under a coat or jacket.

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
i like it. some good thinking on your part. :righton:

·
I'm kind of a big deal
5,243 Posts
zookeper said:
does the strap piece that the shoe shop made you leave the inside part of the snap against the slide of the gun? if so, a potential problem i see is some scratching of the slide there.
Yeah, if so, glue a thick piece of felt or suede or something on it.

I was thinking of getting a shoulder holster for my 1911 this winter. I have never carried in a shoulder rig.

·
Registered
6,950 Posts
I have that problem with all my J frame Smiths too.... ((Whistling))

1 - 7 of 7 Posts