One guns a' blazin'

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Boy Racer, Oct 28, 2007.

1. Boy Racer

Boy Racer New Member

You've heard of six guns blazing. Well, check out these neat-o mosquitos:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Is there a more anemic round than the .22 Short?

What's that famous argument again... bullet size vs. shot placement? :mrgreen:

2. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

For shot placement: You better be dang accurate or lucky to hit what you want to hit with two shots. The other day at the range I put empty shotshells on an old 2x4 that was downrange. I had it set up at about 50 yards and hit one about every 2 or 3 shots on average.

3. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

Purpose?

What's the point of these little guns? Since they come in a set of 2, identical except for finish, in a nice presentation case, I can only assume that they are dueling pistols. For settling arguments among friends, where you really don't want to hurt the other guy.

4. WGTactical

WGTactical Member

They are interesting pieces, I've never seen pistols like those. 8)

5. Macktee

Macktee New Member

I'm not sure they're what I'd call guns, but they are certainly works of art. I like them.

Back in the days before Dirty Harry, small vest-pocket guns were fairly popular. These may well have been tucked in some professional gambler's jacket or vest, right next to his watch, or even in his hat while he plied his trade on a side-wheel riverboat. Maybe...

A small, weak cartridge like this may not be much, but it's probably better than nothing. What's that old saying about a .22 in the hand beating a .357 in the gun safe.......?

:-k

6. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

Maybe stuck in some prostitutes garter.....

7. Macktee

Macktee New Member

Yeah, YOU would think of that!

The rest of us clean-living, upstanding members of the community probably can't even spell prosthetic, much less imagine what goes into their gaiters...

You truly are a dirty old man!!!

:oldtimer:

:pointlol:

8. Boy Racer

Boy Racer New Member

Apparently they were a Series from Colt.

Gun Broker link.

Colt Lord Deringer 22 Short set. I have never seen the 'Girlie Gun' version I have, though, with the fancy-schmancy grips and finish.

I assume they are matched dueling pistols - his and hers. :mrgreen: Maybe to use when the man and lady of the house have had enough of each other.

Apparently still - there was the Lord and Lady Deringer. :-k

I wonder when these were produced? I wonder when mine were made?

9. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

gear4hunting.com? gunbroker must have bought that domain name...leads to the same site. Weird.

10. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

It's just a mirror site. http://www.allytv.com leads to here.