On the fence... (NVM. Selling)

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Hunley, Jan 27, 2011.

1. Hunley

Hunley Active Member

Decided to let it go. I just can't justify it.

2. SW_Sigma

SW_Sigma New Member

Re: On the fence...

Glock 26?

3. JeF4y

JeF4y New Member

I have the P-238 and love it for its conceal-ability, size, feel, etc.

Holster wise I have the following which ROCK.

In the pocket - http://www.rkbaleather.com/
    I chose rkba because it was one of the only in the pocket holsters I could find which covered the safety. I like this feature. I bought the standard because he didn't have the rounded model last year. I would probably buy that now. Mine is black and rough on both sides, and works very well.

IWB - http://www.crossbreedholsters.com
    Crossbreed mini-tuck. Works like a champ. I can conceal this gun while wearing a wife-beater...

The ONLY downside to this gun for me is the cost & availability of ammo. It's almost twice what standard 9mm is.

I did see/hear that Sig is coming out with a new single-stack pocket 9 that is almost identical in size to the P238 but 5 ounces heavier. THAT would be a good replacement to consider if I were spending your money.

4. Hunley

Hunley Active Member

I'm looking at pocket guns. I owned a G27. Though I had a pocket holster for it, it was way too big.

5. 1str8shot

1str8shot New Member

was this the gun we were talking about grips for?

6. Hunley

Hunley Active Member

Yes, it is. I know... I'm bad... :shattered:

I may end up keeping the thing. I should probably go pop off some rounds before I make a decision. I might get rid of the Micro Eagle instead. The more I handle it, the more I talk myself out of it.

7. AV8R

AV8R Banned

Well, if you can't have your balls, you might as well have a nice gun. Keep it. :D

8. SW_Sigma

SW_Sigma New Member

What about the new Ruger LC9? Looks like a decent pocket gun if it has the same reliability of the LCP

9. mountainman444

mountainman444 Active Member

I know what you mean. I almost did the same thing a few months ago. I had no intention to buy the pistol, didn't even want to see it, but the salesperson pulled it out and handed it to me. It was lust at first feel. The gun just melts into your hand and feels like it was custom made for you and you only. I'm sure they are great pistols but I fought off the urge and quickly left the gun shop (they didn't have what I came for anyway).

As far as the caliber goes, IMO it is sufficient for close quarter protection. If I "knew" I was headed into a close quarter gun fight I would want a higher caliber and higher capacity weapon, AND A SHOTGUN. But this isn't practical for everyday carry.

To keep it or not? Your call. But for me it was too pretty and too expensive for what I was going to use it for.

10. Melissa5

Melissa5 Active Member

Just recently I was in the same position you are only with a new S&W Bodyguard .380. I saw it on Gunbroker for a really good price and bid on it before I knew what hit me. Then I had buyers remorse. I made up my mind that I wasn't going to carry anything lower powered than a 9mm and sold the S&W and my LCP at a gun show. A pocket 9mm has to be out there somewhere now or in the near future.

Those P238s are really nice looking guns, but I would sell it since you already have a .380. Or sell both in anticipation of a true pocket 9mm.

11. lynx

lynx Member

Take it to the range at least once before making a decision. You know you want to :)

12. ARMT Guy

ARMT Guy Ordinary Average Guy

The way I look at it, .380 is mostly for pocket/BUG use. If you want/need a gun in this category, then keep the SIG and be happy.

Now, if you're looking for something chambered for a round with more power, then sell/trade it for one of the smaller/slimmer 9mms, for example. As you've already posted, there's a much wider variety of 9mm loads for range practice and personal defense. 9mm is generally more available and cheaper than .380.

For a good pocket holster for that SIG, check out DeSantis for their Nemis or Superfly pocket holsters. I have the Superfly for my Kahr P380 BUG and love it! For colder days when I'm wearing a jacket, I carry my 9mm Walther PPS BUG.

Shot placement is always what you're shooting for, but in the stress of a sudden life or death gun fight, your ability to place shots accurately will probably be degraded, so a more powerful round could make up for this a bit. Whenever weather/concealment garments permit, I carry the largest primary defensive handgun, ( typically a .45 or .357 SIG ) and BUG, ( .380 or 9mm ) I can.

13. jmathis84

jmathis84 New Member

It seems to be a impulse buy. You were looking for a 9mm,AK and bought the Sig. I would probaly do what you said and sell/ trade it for the 9mm you want. They make 9mm guns just about the same size as the Sig and you have more ammo options. If they were not making the pocket 9's I'd say keep it but they are.Get what you were looking for in the first place or you will never be happy.JMO

14. AV8R

AV8R Banned

FTFY.

15. 1str8shot

1str8shot New Member

lol, werd.