Georgiapacking.org banner

41 - 60 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Rammstein said:
Snake, if nothing else...do it for other students at GSU.
Our right to keep and bear arms is not safe as long as the government can treat us as "innocent until proven gun owner". Any victories we achieve in the Legislature will be meaningless if gun owners encounter harrasment every time they walk in public and we accept it. If no-one stands up to challenge the government, the government will continue taking our rights away and we'll end up like the English or worse .... New Yorkers.

We are at a unique place. We have the resources to effectively challenge the government, in this case the University System. Through GCO, we got lawyers (very good ones I might add). We got money. We got motivation. We got experience. And we got you. If you were in any other state or country, you wouldn't have resources of an organization like GCO available. Your only option would be to slink away and hope the Cops won't target you again .... but they will.... Like all bullies, they'll keep returning until you push back or they find "evidence".

I think I know your hestitancy. I went through the same process in deciding whether to be the plantiff sueing Cobb County. I sweated the decision for days and imagined the worse would happen. In the end, I worried for no reason. Frankly as the process moves on, the less it involves the person and more it becomes a writing contest between lawyers. Suing the Probate Judge in Cobb is one of my prouder moments of my life. I took a stand to restore our RKBA. Not many people can even come close to saying that. There is no greater honor than to put your name on the line to defend our Constitutional rights.

I wish to ask that you reconsider. If you don't like the press approach then ask GCO to file a 1st Amendment suit. If you don't like the suit idea, then ask GCO to send a nastygram. Take it slow. Take it fast. Just don't let this go without being challenged.

COURAGE, COURAGE, COURAGE!!!!
Mike

Edited: to delete photo of cute daughter per instructions of wife.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
I wonder who will be the next victim of harassment will be... someone like me rocking a GeorgiaCarry license plate frame?

This needs to be addressed :x I suppose a Koran in your front seat would have warranted the same response :?

·
Token Liberal Hippie
13,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Malum Prohibitum said:
gsusnake said:
This thread has been modified slightly in accordance with some wishes that I expressed in PM between MP and I.
Are you sure, though?

This is my last post if you say yes, you are sure (I promise), but I had a lot of stuff lined up. Mike Adams* called, and he is very interested in pushing this issue, too. Please let me know.

*http://www.townhall.com/columnists/MikeSAdams/2007/04/24/the_veit_to_bear_arms
Absolutely sure.

Thanks again for the beers, by the way.

·
68,118 Posts
gsusnake said:
Welcome. I enjoyed meeting you.

After I left, however, I burst a radiator hose. I had to slow down, gingerly backpedalling off the gas pedal as audible detonation began, limping along from water hose to water hose until I could find an auto parts store that was still open.

I then, wearing Brooks Brothers business casual and an openly carried Hk, swapped out the hose in the parking lot and proceeded home.

At one of the stops I met a 19 year old who has just been medically discharged from the Army after suffering a shrapnel wound in Iraq. His name was Ryan, and he is looking for a job in law enforcement. I would like to help him out, but I forgot his last name. :oops: Distracted by my automotive troubles, I nelgected to write his name so that I would not forget it.

He assumed I was a police officer.

The auto parts people both, separately, made comments that indicated they thought I was a police officer, too.

In each case I politely corrected the misperception.

Only the last auto parts guy had any reaction, he stopped and stared when I corrected him and said I was not a police officer. "Froze in place," really. :shock:

"Just a law abiding citizen, sir." I smiled and winked. :wink: Then he visibly relaxed and continued on with his work.

·
Registered
6,306 Posts
Malum Prohibitum said:
...[W]earing Brooks Brothers business casual and an openly carried Hk...
Anyone have any stats as to what percentage of MP's posts have the words "Brooks Brothers" or "Hk" or any combination thereof?

:wink:

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
wsweeks2 said:
Malum Prohibitum said:
...[W]earing Brooks Brothers business casual and an openly carried Hk...
Anyone have any stats as to what percentage of MP's posts have the words "Brooks Brothers" or "Hk" or any combination thereof?

:wink:
He does seem a little proud of both.

·
Token Liberal Hippie
13,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Malum Prohibitum said:
gsusnake said:

After I left, however, I burst a radiator hose. I had to slow down, gingerly backpedalling off the gas pedal as audible detonation began, limping along from water hose to water hose until I could find an auto parts store that was still open.

I then, wearing Brooks Brothers business casual and an openly carried Hk, swapped out the hose in the parking lot and proceeded home.

At one of the stops I met a 19 year old who has just been medically discharged from the Army after suffering a shrapnel wound in Iraq. His name was Ryan, and he is looking for a job in law enforcement. I would like to help him out, but I forgot his last name. :oops: Distracted by my automotive troubles, I nelgected to write his name so that I would not forget it.

The auto parts people both, separately, made comments that indicated they thought I was a police officer, too.

Only the last auto parts guy had any reaction, he stopped and stared when I corrected him and said I was not a police officer. "Froze in place," really. :shock:

"Just a law abiding citizen, sir." I smiled and winked. :wink: Then he visibly relaxed and continued on with his work.
You should have called me... you had my cell number, right?

Always nice to have backup in Atlanta when you have car trouble. And all I was doing was running around IKEA.

Oh well, glad to see you made it out alive.

·
68,118 Posts
gsusnake said:
Malum Prohibitum said:
gsusnake said:

You should have called me... you had my cell number, right?

Always nice to have backup in Atlanta when you have car trouble. And all I was doing was running around IKEA.

Oh well, glad to see you made it out alive.
I figured you were buzzing down I-16 already . . .

Besides, as the end proved, I am pretty handy with mechanical contraptions.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Thread drift alert.

IKEA -- the devil's workshop

My wife convinced me to go there one afternoon for a date. $800 and a station wagon full of boxed furniture later, we head home. I got suckered in by the Swedish Meatballs, which were quite good by the way.

It took me two full days to assemble the furniture. That part was fun though.

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
gsusnake said:
Malum Prohibitum said:
gsusnake said:
This thread has been modified slightly in accordance with some wishes that I expressed in PM between MP and I.
Are you sure, though?

This is my last post if you say yes, you are sure (I promise), but I had a lot of stuff lined up. Mike Adams* called, and he is very interested in pushing this issue, too. Please let me know.

Absolutely sure.
:(

·
Registered
8,809 Posts
Rammstein said:
gsusnake said:
Malum Prohibitum said:
gsusnake said:
Are you sure, though?

Absolutely sure.
:( :(

·
16,485 Posts
Rammstein said:
gsusnake said:
Malum Prohibitum said:
gsusnake said:
Are you sure, though?

Absolutely sure.

·
Token Liberal Hippie
13,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Mike from Philly said:
Thread drift alert.

IKEA -- the devil's workshop

My wife convinced me to go there one afternoon for a date. $800 and a station wagon full of boxed furniture later, we head home. I got suckered in by the Swedish Meatballs, which were quite good by the way.

It took me two full days to assemble the furniture. That part was fun though.
I love that place.

My Glupenfart (the name I was calling the new desk the entire time I was assembling it... made it easy to curse at it) is fully assembled, and is FAR nicer than any WalMarx Chinese crap could have been.

41 - 60 of 80 Posts