Old Lady Assaults Antifas w/Her Walker!

Discussion in 'Off-topic Political' started by moe mensale, Sep 30, 2019.

1. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

This happened at a college in Canada. It was an event featuring US conservative/libertarian speaker Dave Rubin. Best I can determine, the antifas were leaving the building after enjoying the discussion. That's when this little old lady approached them, refused to let them pass, cursed them and threatened to beat the snot out of them. With her walker if necessary! :bigshock: Her gentleman friend tries to restrain her from her dastardly deed but fails miserably. I sure hope the cops finally showed up and arrested her. There's absolutely no place in our societies for the type of behavior this woman exhibited. None at all. :jail: I hope those antifas made it home safely. They must have been terrified.:panic:

https://twitter.com/ThinGrayLine01/status/1178486647282917377

2. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

That old lady should be ashamed of herself for being so aggressive against peaceful protesters.

3. OWM

OWM Well-Known Member

A shame for those young folk to have been exposed to the wrath of some old woman. What you would expect from a privileged white woman.

4. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

Intentionally blocking a public street and refusing to let somebody pass should be a crime-- a misdemeanor. If it's done as part of a "protest" then it should be further classified as domestic terrorism and get that person on a "watch list"-- and maybe a "no weapons" list, a "do not fly" list, a "will not be allowed on certain security-sensitive public buildings or at certain public events" list.

Reasonable force should be authorized to push some of those people out of the way, including knocking them out and / or breaking their arms and legs if they come back to re-block the street after being pushed away once.

5. Malum Prohibitum

Why would reasonable force not be authorized?

O.C.G.A. 16-5-41 (2010)
    16-5-41. False imprisonment

(a) A person commits the offense of false imprisonment when, in violation of the personal liberty of another, he arrests, confines, or detains such person without legal authority.

(b) A person convicted of the offense of false imprisonment shall be punished by imprisonment for not less than one nor more than ten years.

(c) Any person convicted under this Code section wherein the victim is not the child of the defendant and the victim is less than 14 years of age shall, in addition, be subject to the sentencing and punishment provisions of Code Section 17-10-6.2.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/detain

Detain: to restrain especially from proceeding

6. atlsrt44

atlsrt44 Well-Known Member

Think argument would be made that she was not completely boxed in

7. Malum Prohibitum

LOL! I have not researched the case law to see if impeding one from proceeding has to be in every direction.

Maybe the old lady should work on her speed and agility!

Last edited: Oct 1, 2019
    gunsmoker likes this.
  8. gunsmoker

Georgia has a law against blocking a street or sidewalk but you won't be violating that law unless you are ordered to move by a law-enforcement officer and then you refuse.

I think this law should be modified so that any other motorist can order you to get off the street and stop blocking it, and any pedestrian can order you to get off the sidewalk and not block it.

https://law.justia.com/codes/georgia/2010/title-16/chapter-11/article-2/16-11-43/

9. gunsmoker

I don't think the Georgia false imprisonment law could apply to blocking a person from walking in one direction but leaving them free to walk in three other directions: left, right, or to the rear.

I hope not. That would clearly be a case of judicial activism, and judges and prosecutors being willfully ignorant of what is obviously the intent of the legislature. It would be contrary to the common understanding of the words used in the statute.

P.S. If a person (victim) were inside a building or on a dangerous narrow mountain trail where there was only one safe direction to travel, and the offender blocked that one direction, the sure, that could be false imprisonment.

But out on a public street with 360° of travel for hundreds of yards as possible options, having an offender blocking just your forward movement
    (perhaps blocking no more than a 20° arc of potential walking paths, and leaving 340 more degrees available for your choosing)
    can't be false imprisonment.

10. Malum Prohibitum

If that is true, then shoving that person out of the way so that you can proceed without detainment is a crime: battery.

11. OWM

OWM Well-Known Member

Would her apparent lack of complete mobility(very old and a walker) have any bearing(in a court) on the most direct path she takes to her destination which appears to be straight ahead and what she has to go through to get there? Would Lady Justice be blind to that as well?

12. jsaund22

jsaund22 Ninjaneering Computers

And if I try to walk around and they physically stop me?

Not being a jerk, I genuinely don't know.

13. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

Perhaps I can wear some thorny clothing, and while waving my arms tell the thugs blocking me I'm going to just keep walking. Perhaps they'll then move out of the way of a large, angry porcupine. :lol:

14. Malum Prohibitum

Yeah, try that with a police officer. Block his path and keep moving right and left in front of him while screaming at him as he vainly tries to go around you peacefully and see whether it is a crime . . .

15. atlsrt44

atlsrt44 Well-Known Member

My thoughts too

16. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

If this occurred I would shove right through them and gone on my way. I sure think a jury would not convict. Might not get not guilty but I sure think no conviction would be forthcoming, from even an Atlanta jury. Nothing more than a hung jury would happen in about any place outside Portland.

Nemo

17. Malum Prohibitum

I just have this overwhelming urge to be on a horse, in that crowd, swinging a mace left, then right, then left again, bashing brains with each swing . . .

[​IMG]

18. Malum Prohibitum

(yes, I realize the picture is a flail, a weapon that never really existed, but it is hard to find a picture of a lone horseman bashing in the brains of surrounding crowd members with an actual mace, so leave me alone, nerds)

19. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

20. Savannah Dan

Savannah Dan Cross-drawer

More people should have Tex Cobb necklaces to assist with breaking through anarchists' blockades.