Olbermann bounced from MSNBC!

Discussion in 'Off-topic Political' started by Puffyfish, Jan 22, 2011.

1. Puffyfish

Puffyfish New Member

MSNBC host Keith Olbermann announced Friday that he is leaving the network and has taped his last "Countdown" show.

MSNBC issued a statement that it had ended its contract with the controversial host, with no further explanation. Olbermann hosted the network's most popular show, but his combative liberal opinions often made him a target of critics.

Olbermann did not explain why he was leaving.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/20 ... z1BkacXG7W

Yes! There is a God and can I get an amen! [​IMG]

2. stuk in irak

stuk in irak New Member

Good riddance..I tried to watch his program (I cant bring myself to call it a "news show") on more than one occasion, trying to be open minded and get the perspective of "the other side" ( I even watch Maddow's show every once in awhile) and always ended up changing the channel after a very few short minutes. He could never seem to get past his own anger in order to present a lucid arguement about anything, all the while claiming to be unbiased, balanced, and neutral, and never bringing a Conservative, or even a moderate, on his "show" to present an opposing viewpoint. His shows seemed to revolve solely around bashing anything Republican or Conservative, often using "facts" that were simply untrue, distorted, or slanted in some way.

All that being said, I wonder if the acquisition of NBC by Comcast had anything to do with it? Maybe this is how Comcast will begin cleaning up BSNBC, and try to restore the image and reputation of NBC..

3. bricker

bricker Member

It's about time. :righton:

4. bdee

bdee انا باتمان

Whether you liked him or not, his numbers sucked.

5. YZ#58

YZ#58 Member

He could give a boost to struggling CNN's prime-time lineup, but Olbermann would mean CNN would make an abrupt shift in its nonpartisan policy. It was not immediately known how quickly Olbermann could switch to another job if he wanted to.

I am still trying to figure out how the Communist News Network could be considered "non partisan". :screwy:

6. carvnthetwisties

carvnthetwisties New Member

7. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

Amen brother! Preach it! Preach it! :righton:

I really dislike that man. He's a liar and an idiot.

8. AV8R

AV8R Banned

I'm sad to see him go. It was "useful" to have him on the air. I hope he pops up at CNN with the same exact mindset and mouth.

9. EJR914

Useful idiot, I get you. Too bad there were actually idiots out there who believed everything he said and repeated it.

10. AV8R

AV8R Banned

But, that was the beauty of it all.

11. EJR914

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I just can't see how idiots and liars indoctrinating a third of the population to spout the same lies and lunacy is beautiful, I think its extremely sad and shows the state of our country. Of course, unless you are itching for the fall of America. And I understand that argument as well.

If America falls, and good Patriots are able to stand up in the ashes via force, and Restore our Republic to its once found luster, then everything will be right again.

The problem is that history tells us this usually doesn't happen this way. When a Republic falls, there is anarchy, and then its usually replaced by absolute Authoritarianism, Fascism, ect. Neither are good for America.

12. AV8R

AV8R Banned

Not itching for anything. I still believe that there are many more good folks that want freedom, liberty, and a government that adheres to the constitution. The beauty of idiots like Olberman is that it polarizes the good folks. The other idiots that listen to Olberman and spout the same nonsense is useful for us to know who's on what side. Plus, giving him a voice on CNN, prime time, just may be the straw that broke the mainstream media camel's back. Let the MSM crumble and fall, and hopefully real journalism will come back.

Yeah, well, there has never been a story like the American independence story. So anything is possible. ;)

13. pml

pml Active Member

He's no different than the "conservative" hosts. Ask a question, then a) shout down the answer, b) go off tangent or c) bring up Bill Clinton, when it looks like you're going to lose a point.

14. AV8R

AV8R Banned

You are absolutely right, regarding their on-air tactics.

15. EJR914

Yep, I totally agree. I've heard Hannity and all the other talking heads get owned before, and then they just do, a, b, and c, respectively. :lol:

16. EJR914

I see what you mean, and I definitely understand the logic behind it. I agree, I'd rather know a "Nazi" when I see them. Kind of like in Inglorious Bastards. If they are quiet, we'd never know they were Nazis. As long as they are out in the open about it, we can spot them just like that.

I agree with giving the mainstream media enough rope to hang itself, and I believe in the eyes of a growing population, we SEE that it is hanging itself, and the fact that ALL real journalism has died in America. Everything has a slant to it now. Fox, MSNBC, CNN, ABC, all of it.

I agree, there has never been a story like American Independence before, but look around, do the men you see around you now look like men of 1776? Character? Integrity? Passion? A willingness to fight and die for true freedom? Heck, 99% of Americans wouldn't know what true freedom from government infringement would look like in their life, much less want that for themselves.

How many men today still speak like this, and are willing to back it up with action?

My experience in the freedom and patriot movement is very few.

Samuel Adams used to strip naked any man he viewed as a tyrant-enabler and he used to Tar and Feather them in public in front of hundreds of people. From what I understand it one of the most embarrassing, and painful ways to die ever devised, well beside Crucifixion of course.

How many men do you see like that here and now? Just look around you. Men like that are non-existent, including myself.

I don't have the backbone, fortitude, passion, or vision of those men. After all, we're still talking about obeying unjust laws, because they are laws, you know, quivering in front of the almighty Leviathan.

17. zetor

zetor Well-Known Member

Control the media, control the people............

18. Deek

Deek Active Member

I think this is the gist of it. They need ratings for advertising revenue, his results are crap, they are going to replace him with someone that can draw an audience. It's the free market at work!

19. mountainpass

mountainpass Under Scrutiny

I don't know... he had the most eyes of anybody at the network not to be named....

link

20. AV8R

AV8R Banned

I hear you. But, they are out there. Few are known to us today, but there are many more I think who merely need a cold bucket of water thrown in their face. There were a select few who were outspoken revolutionaries in the 1770's, but many more came out of the woodwork when the time had come to put foot to ass.

I believe this to be true today. The same distractions exist today as back then... family, finances, health, etc. There are those of us who can smell the rain a coming, and there are those that don't know until the drops fall on their head. That doesn't mean that they can't get in before they're soaked.

And, I'm as cynical as they come, but I still have faith that there are enough of "us." Olberman's ranting and spewing just may make a few more folks smell the rain coming.