Oklahoma has sent a letter to the AG

Discussion in 'GWL News & Information' started by Gunstar1, Mar 3, 2005.

1. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

I posted before on the other forum that for our AG to list a state as being honored, that state has to send our AG an official statement saying they accept GA permits, regardless of what 16-11-126(e) says.

I have gotten word that an OK resident has got the person in charge of permits in OK to send a letter. That resident is sending me a copy, incase the AG's office misplaces the letter.

I left a message with Mr. Brasher yesterday to see if he had received the letter yet, no response. I am going to try again when I get a copy of the letter and can simply fax it to him.

2. seajay

seajay Active Member

Good luck! I sent the MO and OK statutes to him and have just been ignored.

3. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

I know, they wont accept it unless it is on official letterhead of whatever state. I asked him before and he said that a citizen quoting the law is not "legal" enough. He wants an official notice from a state's government.

The letter that is being sent is on official OK letterhead. Since that is all he will accept, I am going to make sure he gets a copy.

4. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

I now have a copy of the letter.

It was addressed to the department of law, with the AG's address, "to whom it may concern."

I was worried about it not being addressed to Mr. Brasher specifically and it might get lost, so I asked for a copy. I am going to call Mr. Brasher and see if he has the letter yet, it was originally mailed around Feb. 22.

If he has not got it yet, I will fax him a copy.

5. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Is it not "Brashear?" I hope I wasn't mispronouncing his name. He is normally pretty on top of this stuff once someone points out a new state that qualifies.

If we introduced expanded reciprocity as a separate bill, it would alleviate is workload . . .

6. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

Chris Brasher, Senior Assistant Attorney General
    I pronounce it Brash-er :wink:

I didn't mean to imply he would lose it. It was addressed to the AG office, not to him specifically and might sit on the wrong desk for a few months.