Ok to concealed carry multiple guns?

Discussion in 'General GWL Questions' started by jshrade, Feb 21, 2007.

1. jshrade

jshrade New Member

Just applied for my first CCW permit yesterday. I have read all the legal information I can find, and I haven't found anything that prohibits it, but I was thinking about carrying a primary and possibly two backup weapons 99.9% of the time. Is it okay to carry multiple handguns on your person concealed? (i.e, shoulder holster, inside the pants hip holster, and ankle/boot holster)

2. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

Yes that is perfectly legal.

3. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

I do it all the time, so I sure hope GS1 is right!

A thing which is not prohibited is permitted.

4. BergerBoy

BergerBoy New Member

Botta bing botta boom. Nothing says you can't.

That being said, make sure you can still walk alright once you're "loaded down" 8)

5. Macktee

Macktee New Member

And don't forget, it's always easier to get forgiveness than permission...

6. DrGlock

DrGlock New Member

I was talking to a patient of mine about guns and he wanted to see my Px4, so I brought him into my office. It just so happened that I had brought my 92FS in to show my laywer and had my Glock 26 which is my usual carry.
    When I opened my desk drawer he burst out laughing saying "are you afraid of something!".

I usually have my Glock on with some other pistol on the seat of my car or in my briefcase just in case.

Im glad someone brought up this question as I have been wondering the same thing myself.

7. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

I read about a court case where the appellate court judges (from some northern state, not Georgia) commented that a permit to carry firearms is a permit to carry every single registered firearm you own, all at once.

But they didn't say this as if it were a good thing. They used this as a line of argument to justify denying somebody a permit, or to say that the permit was not valid in some gun-free-zone or something like that. They clearly thought the idea of carrying multiple firearms was absurd, and therefore so was owning more than one handgun. If you wanted to have 5 pistols registered on your handgun permit, you must be contemplating carrying 5 guns out in public, which makes you a nutcase of the highest order, so no permit for you!!!

Sorry, no citation handy. I was just browsing, not taking notes or cutting-and-pasting web addresses.

8. rabbivj

rabbivj My Name is Inigo Montoya

I dont think it has to be said...

btw welcome to GPDO!

9. Siege

Siege New Member

Apparently it does, and thanks, rabbivj, for making it my turn to be "that guy" :p

For reference, jshrade, we have no Concealed Carry permit in Georgia, it's a Weapons Carry License (GWCL or GWL) that permits you to carry openly or concealed as you please.

:ianal: So far as I'm aware there is nothing in the Georgia code, nor case law, that places any limits on the number of weapons you can have on your person at any given time, though if you're carrying them all openly, some departments/officers may try to use that as PC/RAS for a search, claiming that only a criminal would need to be so heavily armed. If you're in Cobb County, the cops might disarm and threaten to shoot you for having more guns than they do: viewtopic.php?f=36&t=49871

I do not have any reason to believe that Capt. Quan has made any effort to rectify his departments "training issues." So, if you're in that area after dark, you may wish to avoid volunteering possession of a weapon or a GWCL unless/until you are asked directly (in which case never ever lie to a police officer, especially about weapons possession).

10. Siege

Siege New Member

Ok now that was just ridiculous.

11. Skip D

Skip D New Member

Yes it's legal.. I do it all the time myself.. I usally carry a Taurus PT709 on my hip... sometimes a S&W SD40.. Almost always a "BUG" in my back pocket... My BUG is a Taurus TCP..

12. CoffeeMate

CoffeeMate Junior Butt Warmer

I don't own only one pair of socks. If I buy more than one pair at a time it doesn't mean I'm contemplating wearing them all at once.

:screwy:

(But I suppose I could if I wanted to, huh?)

13. seajay

seajay Active Member

Re:

So just how many BUGs do you carry?

14. CoffeeMate

CoffeeMate Junior Butt Warmer

Re: Re:

Not as many as I'd like to!

(Yes, I know the question wasn't directed at me -- I'm not "spamming")

15. seajay

seajay Active Member

Re: Re:

Ok... so how many BUGs do you carry then?

Now it's directed at you to keep you from apamming... :D

You don't even need to answer again either!!!

16. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

NM only allows the concealing of one handgun at a time but you can OC one and CC the other.

17. nitrogenated

nitrogenated Member

The only limit is how many you can carry without falling over

18. Warpig

Warpig Member

I too have heard this account from a friend who always carried 3 guns. It sounds to me like this judge might be a little biased and reaching a bit.

I think it might be interesting to see how many I could conceal at one time. Yesterday was warm here in NGA. Tried out my new tuckable holster. Perfect concealment

19. sunnymw

sunnymw Active Member

As we found out at the Varsity... If there was a limit Arch would be in trouble.

"So where are they?"
    "Here... And here... And one here... And..." :lol: