ok people

Discussion in 'Places Off-Limits' started by rgaines1117, Oct 24, 2007.

1. rgaines1117

rgaines1117 Guest

I Know I am fairly new here but if you are really serious about this we need to get off the computer and go somewhere we are really welcome. I am from northeast GA I remember hearing in a post about the honey baked ham store in Cumming. And how friendly they were to CCW holders. I say that we should all start meeting at least once a month. We should take this off the message board and into public. We should all start having meeting according to our geographic regions. And please no jokes about the public gathering laws. They are getting old. Honestly tell me what you think I really want to organize this, with the help of you all

2. Claire

Claire New Member

I totally agree

Antique Automobile club is a huge organization - A group my father was very involved with from the very beginning -- and is broken up into regional chapters. He started the first chapter in NJ

3. GunNut

GunNut New Member

There is a meet up at Bullseye in Cumming at least once a month, sometimes with a meet and eat prior to. I haven't made it to one where we met prior to going to the range, but I remember reading posts where Firehouse subs was the choice and people OC'd.

4. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

+1

We have a group that meets at Bullseye on a regular basis. We have a state wide meeting every quarter. Below is a link to our next quarterly meeting.

http://www.georgiacarry.org/cms/about/gco-fall-luncheon/

5. VolGrad

VolGrad Tactical Statistician

Not raining on anyone's parade but if you want to organize a pro-2a or OC event, especially a recurring one at the same location, it might be in the best interest of everyone to speak with the management of said facility first. The reason I say this is you wouldn't want to have all these folks show up, some driving from far away, and then have an incident where management asks everyone to leave or calls the cops to complain.

I have mentioned before in previous threads that we used to raise assistance dogs. These dogs went everywhere with us and were legally granted full access, same as dogs which were already trained and certified to work. Similar to the OC/CC thing where we all know GFL holders are legal in most places, we still ended up having to educate the public and had to face down management at many stores and restaurants. Some places might not give a single or a couple of guys OCing a hard time or second look. However, if a group of 10-15 showed up packing they might freak out. Same with the dogs. Many places I frequented downtown were very friendly to us. However, I would venture to guess if we had shown up with all the other puppy-raisers in the area and their dogs at the same time we probably wouldn't have been as well received.

Just a thought. Proceed as you will.

6. Claire

Claire New Member

Volgrad - excellent suggestion -

I'm sure the Firehouse subs place in Cumming welcomes the group each month when they come in for lunch?

and I'm sure there's other places in various areas like Firehouse subs that would welcome a group meet every month or so. Communication is key - having a quick chat with the manager of the establishment would never hurt

7. AeroShooter

AeroShooter Active Member

I'm on board...

Here's how I suggest we proceed:

develope a list of participants
    pick locales that geographically centered on subsets of the group
    let folks in each subset work out their schedules...

I can pretty much do anything from Calhoun to Marietta (along I-75) on the spot. Anything outside those limits require advance planning and would likely be on the weekend.

If someone were to plan a meeting at the Shakey's in Warner Robins, I'd be in my truck in a flash.

8. AeroShooter

I think the FHS in Acworth would be a good location for the NW Atlanta splinter cell (heh heh, I used the word cell)

9. VolGrad

VolGrad Tactical Statistician

Now, if someone can work in the word "compound" we will be a full-fledged militia group. LOL.

10. Claire

Claire New Member

I never ate at FHS and food is my middle name
    where is the FHS in acworth? I know of one on highway 92 next to Moe's in Woodstock

- Ya always have Daddy's southern food in downtown acworth
    (I'm just hungry right now & that sounds good for breakfast)

each region should have contact person who organizes meets?
    I'm all for meeting around acworth

11. AeroShooter

Firehouse Subs
    3348 Cobb Pkwy NW, Acworth, GA
    (770) 529-1772

It's in the vacinity of Moe's in stuff... it's in that area of Acwoth that has recently asploded.

12. Claire

Claire New Member

Ah right - thank you :)

13. Bad Co.

Bad Co. New Member

Fire House is some of the best eatin there is.

I'm in for Acworth.

14. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

I suggest you hold your November meeting at the Charlie Elliott WildLife Center. That is one way to get off the computer . . .

:wink:

15. merlock

merlock Active Member

:shock: No OC at Shakey's...they sell beer.

16. AeroShooter

I know... sacrifices must be made for the oowie goowie goodness of Shakey's pizza.

17. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

So just CC.

18. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Yeah, and announce it on a publicly read forum ahead of time . . . :lol:

19. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

I don't think I gave enough details to matter. No days, times, etc.