OK for Vega (pizza delivery guy) to carry concealed

Discussion in 'GWL News & Information' started by Vir Quisque Vir, Oct 3, 2007.

1. Vir Quisque Vir

Vir Quisque Vir New Member

2. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

Not in Georgia

in Georgia, it's just about impossible to be armed while working in the pizza delivery business, or the package delivery business, or the taxi / limo business, the EMT / emergency services business, and many others.

Why? Because of 16-11-127, the "public gathering" law. These people regularly go to places where crowds are gathered for a particular purpose, and where alcohol is sold for consumption on the premises, and they are called to drive to schools and churches and government office buildings.

I'm not saying that I didn't pack a 9mm when I was in the pizza delivery business. I'm just saying that you'd have to decline a lot of runs and leave your co-workers to take up your slack due to your possession of a firearm on the job.

3. Vir Quisque Vir

Vir Quisque Vir New Member

Several of my uncles were cabbies in Washington D.C. I guess they never heard of the handgun ban in place since 1976. :shock: To deny self-protection is criminal and ultimately, we may have to decide whether it is right to register and turn in all our firearms. I have already decided. I plan to fight it and afterwards, my sons and daughter and afterwards, their children ...l

You were on the mark, these jobs are really dangerous. Unfortunately, most of them do not "permit" handguns on the job. Better judged by twelve than carried by six. Yes?

4. merlock

merlock Active Member

True, but with my luck, the 12 will fall hook, line and sinker for "Johnny was such a good boy who was turning his life around, and was just running with the wrong crowd." :banghead: :jail:

5. tonyvanman

tonyvanman Guest

[/quote] True, but with my luck, the 12 will fall hook, line and sinker for "Johnny was such a good boy who was turning his life around, and was just running with the wrong crowd." [/quote]

The 12 would seemingly overlook the 5 pages of proir arrests and run-ins with LEOs since his teenage indoctrination into the penal system.

6. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Re: Not in Georgia

Very good point.