1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,360 Posts
note the ubiquitous opposition by police unions

·
Under Scrutiny
19,386 Posts
The campus carry part of the bill is worthless. It lets the colleges choose.

·
Registered
14,956 Posts
note the ubiquitous opposition by police unions
And the Chamber of Commerce. These two entities can always be counted on for anti-gun support.

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,904 Posts
True that. But if a college doesn't opt for carry isn't the penalty reduced to a misdemeanor?

I haven't read all the details yet.

Tiny step in the right direction, but why are they so limp they can't take a big step?

·
American
3,289 Posts
My recollection is that the Ohio legislature gave him two bills to consider and he signed the lesser of the two so he could have it both ways politically.

·
Swollen Member
11,969 Posts
True that. But if a college doesn't opt for carry isn't the penalty reduced to a misdemeanor?

I haven't read all the details yet.

Tiny step in the right direction, but why are they so limp they can't take a big step?
Anti gun police and teachers' unions and anti gun university coalitions.

·
Under Scrutiny
19,386 Posts
http://www.athensnews.com/news/camp...cle_04be4adc-d828-11e6-b3f7-d7792d091902.html

Ohio University Faculty Senate voted Monday to approve a “sense of the senate†resolution asking the university’s Board of Trustees to continue prohibiting concealed carry of guns on OU’s campuses.
The issues is slightly complicated by OU’s “collocated campuses†with other institutions, such as Zane State, where other colleges’ boards of trustees may make a decision at odds with OU’s eventual position. It’s not clear when the OU Board of Trustees will take up the matter.

OU Police Chief Andrew Powers, who attended the meeting, said the Ohio Association of Police Chiefs opposes SB 199.
Stupid mess

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,904 Posts
Do law-abiding gun carriers who carry in parks, stores and everywhere else suddenly become murderous maniacs when they step onto an educational campus?

Why can't they just pass an honest bill that restores the human right of self-defense on K-12 and college campuses?

Oh, I know: Politics. To the politicians the pursuit of keeping power is great than the pursuit of liberty for The People.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts