Oh my, how rude of me

Discussion in 'Welcome New Members' started by Sine Nomen, May 3, 2007.

1. Sine Nomen

Sine Nomen New Member

I've been lurking and posting around here for a while now but never really said hello.
    :wave: Howdy
    I live in downtown Atlanta, but work (for now) in Buford making racecars go fast. It really sounds much more exciting than it is, but the job does have it's perks, like driving the street-legal Lotus Racecars to be delivered, having access to all sorts of cool guy toys (CNC Plasma cutter anyone?), and working with some genuine and interesting folks :)
    Anyhow, I got my GFL in 2003 but wasn't able to buy to carry 'til recently. I now :love: my Kahr PM9 and am working on getting good with it and sorting out the holstering options. You seem like a good group here and I look forward to seeing you at the range and elsewhere.

2. slabertooch

slabertooch New Member

:welcome: wish I had access to your garage, or even a small one myself.

3. S&W 40

S&W 40 Active Member

:welcome:

Edit; forgot to mention and sure you have seen GCO

4. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Race cars? Cool!

What is this, a production facility or a modification facility?

5. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

:welcome:

What shop do your work at if you don't mind me asking?

6. Sine Nomen

Sine Nomen New Member

I work for two companies, PVM-Racing and Hypersport Engineering.

A little of both, and then some. At Hypersport: We have taken cars off the street and turned them into track toys, or full-blown race cars. We've done mild to wild mods on street or track cars. We are part of the production chain for Lotus Exige Cup cars. We also offer trackside support and tuning.
    At PVM, we maintain SportsRacer cars for competition in SCCA and IMSA series. We do a little modification there, but not much because IMSA is a "spec" series.

7. Dan H

Dan H New Member

A little of both, and then some. At Hypersport: We have taken cars off the street and turned them into track toys, or full-blown race cars. We've done mild to wild mods on street or track cars. We are part of the production chain for Lotus Exige Cup cars. We also offer trackside support and tuning.
    At PVM, we maintain SportsRacer cars for competition in SCCA and IMSA series. We do a little modification there, but not much because IMSA is a "spec" series.[/quote:5nonwxha]

You guys hiring? :D

8. tony218

tony218 New Member

At PVM, we maintain SportsRacer cars for competition in SCCA and IMSA series. We do a little modification there, but not much because IMSA is a "spec" series.[/quote:3iy9rvr4]

You guys hiring? :D[/quote:3iy9rvr4]

WHAT HE SAID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. gsusnake

gsusnake Token Liberal Hippie

CNC Plasma cutters?

*drools*

I used to be a tech ed major... we did all that manufacturing stuff, I took like 5 CNC classes and got to play with all that stuff.

Welcome. Enjoy it here.

Join GCO.

Or don't.

I think I'm rambling again.

10. Sine Nomen

Sine Nomen New Member

Things are a bit slow right now. Plus, I can assure you, this sounds a lot more fun than it mostly is. But, if you're really interested in working in road racing (not street racing) as a career, I'd be glad to help you out.

11. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Welcome to GPDO Sine Nomen!

12. maddog

maddog New Member