OH MY GOD!! Waffle House encounter

Discussion in 'Citizens Encounters' started by johnski, Jan 6, 2019.

1. johnski

johnski Well-Known Member

Walking out the door after finishing my breakfast, I get a loud "Oh My God, children children, come away from the door! Hurry!" from some Mom. The two male kids around 8 or 9 were hanging on the door rail on the first inside exit door playing around. I cheerfully waited for them to flee 2 feet to their mother with a smile on my face and a "thank you" as one of their group of 5 people or so helped open the door for me (I never asked). Kept my hand covering my pistol holster just to make sure little Jimmy didn't grab it and kill everybody in the joint =D

I've carried into this WH for years and management knows me.

2. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

What that sheeple-mom didn't realize was that had you been a bad guy, her words and actions in that moment would not have done one thing to help her or her children.

Since she was completely unprepared to thwart any actions of an evil-doer, all she could do was bleat when she irrationally perceived danger.

But that's the nature of sheep.

3. johnski

That and worse of all she's teaching her kids to be deathly afraid of guns/people with guns. I wonder if she would have reacted the same if it had been an officer in uniform.

4. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

E4153B1D-7A63-46C1-8B18-4612BA23A489.jpeg All Waffle Houses have no guns policies and signs.
    I carry concealed there.
    about a year ago I was asked to take it outside and lock it in my car when I did try open carry at a Waffle House .

P.S.: guess where I am right now as I'm reading this thread at GaPacking and replying to it?

Pocket carrying a compact 9mm tonight.

Cool Breeze and Sirplaya like this.
  5. johnski

Yeah the one I go to has it mounted on a small sign 15 feet high at the outside parking lot.

6. kpayne

kpayne New Member

Curious to know if you had your hand near your weapon before she said that? I must say that if I was worried that random kids might pull my gun that I'd look into a different holster.

Adam5 likes this.
  7. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

Moe and Falls...

[Edited.... Moe and Fallschirmjaeger's comments have now been deleted]

...For that childish garbage you contaminate GeorgiaPacking with, I suggest you push back from your computer desk, close your laptop, turn off your tablet or your smart phone...

... and pick up an Etch -a-Sketch.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
  8. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

Seems someone bleeds quick when needled. And it wasn't a sharp one either.

Nemo

9. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

This is how you drive people from a forum, regardless of how they are viewed by others. This isn't the damn US Supreme Court where all forms of decorum must be followed to participate in it. It's a local gun forum with its serious and not so serious sections. Yes, there are certain rules to be followed in order to maintain a certain level of civility between all the participants but if humor - which is a very subjective thing - is going to be forbidden in any manner whatsoever then just say so in the damn rules so we all know what's to be expected. Deleting posts because someone's sensibilities get triggered is beyond the pale. Is this forum supposed to be a "safe zone" where nobody can be "offended" because of what is nothing more than friendly banter between adults? I, and others, have been insulted on a regular basis by gunsmoker because he disagrees with what I say. That's fine by me but I don't get all bent out of shape over it and run to the mods to do something about it. And if the mods are doing it on their own then stop the favoritism and start deleting some of his obnoxious comments.

Feel free to delete this too as I'm sure it'll be offensive to someone, somewhere.

RedDawnTheMusical likes this.
  10. mrhutch

mrhutch Well-Known Member

Settle down girls, you're both pretty in God's eyes

The waffle house in Aragon doesn't care. I really only open carry when I'm hunting, and therefore on the way to or from the property, or on club work days. I've eaten at that waffle house with a G17 on my hip many times without any complaints from staff or patrons.

Did have a mom look like she saw a ghost when her little brat was running through a walmart and about clocked his head on the hammer/grip of the 1911 i was carrying at the time. I got my hand over it and possibly saved him a couple stitches I'm sure but momma suddenly seemed to care whether her kid ran into anyone after that.

11. moe mensale

We all are! :love:

Tinkerhell likes this.
  12. Nemo

Well, Moe is attractive maybe. Pretty? I don't think anyone could go that far and mean it.

I cannot verify the accuracy of that. I heard that from someone who said they heard from someone claiming to be related to him. Whether the relation was blood or marriage I cannot say.

Nemo

13. moe mensale

14. Nemo

Ugly for sure.

As far as the girl part, same person noted above said he was working on that too.

Nemo

15. diamondback

diamondback Well-Known Member

i thought waffle house was very anti-gun? That is a problem though how the mom was. That can cause an issue some time.

16. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Anybody carrying on Waffle House property is violating that company's policy. This has been confirmed by Waffle House General Counsel. Anybody spending money there is supporting this policy in the strongest way possible, by giving them money. In American society, there is no stronger incentive.

Ronnie likes this.