Oglethorpe County GFL application

Discussion in 'Ga. County Licensing Information' started by VolGrad, Sep 19, 2007.

1. VolGrad

VolGrad Tactical Statistician

I was speaking with a co-worker of mine this morning. He applied for his GFL in Oglethorpe County on August 23rd. They told him it would be 3-4 months. I asked him to let me know when it arrived so I could track the time it took them to issue.

I asked him if they asked for SSN and employment info. He stated they did. He provided it and did not ask if it was required.

Just a heads up of another County not following the law.

PS On another note - he was speaking to a Federal agent about carrying in his car on govt. property (to work, leaving pistol in his car in the parking lot). The LEO said he didn't think it would be a problem as long as he didn't try to bring it inside the building. I believe this is INCORRECT but goes to show that all individuals, even LEOs, interpret the law in their own way - RIGHT OR WRONG. Also important to note his agency does NOT provide security for our building and therefore his advice would really not hold any weight.

2. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Well, it is better than throwing it out the window when you get to within 200 yards of the building and hoping it is still there on the ground when you get off work.

3. mzmtg

mzmtg Active Member

LOL!

That reminds of a funny post on the Geocaching forum. Someone asked how deliberately cache owners worked to make sure their recorded coordinates were as accurate as possible. The best answer was along the lines of, “I slow down to 25 mph and hit ‘Mark waypoint’ as I toss the cache container out the window of the truck.â€

4. glockgirl

glockgirl Guest

good ole oglethorpe probably doesn't know what a GFL is since that county is so redneck everyone carrys permit or not. we went mudding one night (before I was into shooting) and broke the truck.... of course we had no cell phones even though between the 4 of us we owned 7 but we had 2 rifles, 1 shotgun, and 2 glocks. took one guy 2 hrs to walk to the nearest house to call our friend with a winch to get us out.

i forgot I had lady glock in the car with me and I had to stop at the navy school so I casually parked the car outside the gate, walked in the 15 ft to the exchange and walked back out. the security guards were quite mystified as they checked my ID...

5. VolGrad

VolGrad Tactical Statistician

My co-workers GFL was issued 10/2. Under 60 days. Good for them.