Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, what did you guys like?

I've gotten a kick out of the car commercials this year.

The Mini commercial where the guy gets asked "Have you ever tried cramming it in the boot?" was somewhat funny.

Chrysler is trying to revamp itself. They had a minute long spot with Eminem. Not a whole lot of a car was shown, though...

I got a kick out of the VW/Audi commercials. The new Passat commercial was a hoot. The Audi A8 commercial with Kenny G was hilarious!

And as much as I hate to admit it, I wanna see what the new VW Beetle looks like. The silhouette they featured was pretty sleek looking.

And yes, Slash was the best part of the half-time show.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,286 Posts
you know its a boring game when there is more talk about the commercials than the game......
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
308sniper said:
you know its a boring game when there is more talk about the commercials than the game......
Or you're on a gun forum and doing homework during the game...

ETA: I muted the half time show until I looked up and Slash was popping out of the stage.
 

·
GPDO Commonlaw Spouse
Joined
·
5,514 Posts

·
Seasteading Aficionado
Joined
·
44,896 Posts
mpc said:
10 years ago or so, the commercials were top-notch. Lately, not so much.
This. I remember some great commercials a long time ago. This years were really not too impressive.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,686 Posts
HydroAuto said:
Hunley said:
And as much as I hate to admit it, I wanna see what the new VW Beetle looks like. The silhouette they featured was pretty sleek .
If you google for it you can find a few shots of it, it has a hint of PT Cruiser in my opinion.

Here are some spy shots: http://www.autoblog.com/photos/spy-shot ... gen-beetle
My money is on them releasing a 4 dr model too. Maybe not right at first, but not too much later.
 

·
Yukon Cornelius
Joined
·
11,722 Posts
RevolverDan said:
HydroAuto said:
Hunley said:
And as much as I hate to admit it, I wanna see what the new VW Beetle looks like. The silhouette they featured was pretty sleek .
If you google for it you can find a few shots of it, it has a hint of PT Cruiser in my opinion.

Here are some spy shots: http://www.autoblog.com/photos/spy-shot ... gen-beetle
My money is on them releasing a 4 dr model too. Maybe not right at first, but not too much later.
definitely looks better...well except for the completely non fitting front bumper...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not to hijack my own thread or anything, but is it just me, or have the half time shows gone to crap ever since the Janet Jackson wardrobe issue?

All I remember is 10 seconds of Slash, albeit with audio issues, and some ugly woman that said I was "2000 and late" butchering one of my favorite songs.

And Tron suits... there were a bunch of them. And what's with the boxes on their heads? Was Buckethead unavailable to play guitar or something?:screwy:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,239 Posts
Hunley said:
Not to hijack my own thread or anything, but is it just me, or have the half time shows gone to crap ever since the Janet Jackson wardrobe issue?
I disagree, this was by far the best halftime show in a while. Of course, I like hip hop music as well as rock, so I understand if some of the music was not your thing. Slash popping out to play Sweet Child O Mine in the middle of an otherwise pop/hip-hop set was fine for me :p.

All I remember is 10 seconds of Slash, albeit with audio issues, and some ugly woman that said I was "2000 and late" butchering one of my favorite songs.
That would be Fergie.
 

·
Seasteading Aficionado
Joined
·
44,896 Posts
Ahh, good ole' Fergalicious. Every bit of her sex appeal went out the window when she peed herself on stage a few times, and then later admitted it was in fact urine. Disgusting. Maybe she should look into wearing a diaper on stage, I don't know.

That kind of personal hygiene is a major turn off for me. Not to mention that I don't find her "swagger" attractive, nor her singing.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
6,624 Posts
Continuing with the threadjack...

The halftime audio production sucked balls. Whoever was in charge of audio is likely blacklisted in the industry. The one person up there who can actually sing, Usher, wasn't to be heard.

Those four morons on stage cannot sing and it was painfully obvious last night.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,239 Posts
AV8R said:
Continuing with the threadjack...

The halftime audio production sucked balls. Whoever was in charge of audio is likely blacklisted in the industry. The one person up there who can actually sing, Usher, wasn't to be heard.

Those four morons on stage cannot sing and it was painfully obvious last night.
That's true, the sound guy was terrible.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,286 Posts
i just wanna see slayer on the halftime show of the superbowl.... just once......
 

·
Seasteading Aficionado
Joined
·
44,896 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,611 Posts
An 8 year old with poorly tuned violin and no skills at playing it could have put on a better show (and been closer to being on-pitch too). :righton:
 

·
Romans 10:13
Joined
·
4,625 Posts
Back on track......

I liked the etrade commerical at the very end where the baby told the cat that he needed a flu shot.

The half time show sucked. That's the first and last time I ever watch the Black Eye Beans.
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top