Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Ninjaneering Computers
2,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Regardless of what finally happens, there are several of us who have some crow to eat. I was 100% positive that Trump could never win, but it actually looks like he has a better chance at this point than Hillary does.

Either way, Trump has significantly outperformed my expectations, so I will be dining on a healthy helping of crow today.

I.

Was.

Wrong.

It still remains to be seen if Trump will live up to his conservative-ish promises, but I have to admit - his message seems to have resonated with a huge portion of the country, much larger than I expected.

Enjoy the win, Trumpers. You've earned it.

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,937 Posts
jsaund22, I still love you buddy. :)

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Word on the street is Dillo Dust tastes pretty good on crow.

I agree it does still remain to be seen if Trump will live up to his conservative-ish promises. He managed to upset all the right people this election which is why I gave him my vote. Hopefully curiosity will not kill the cat.

·
Ninjaneering Computers
2,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,911 Posts
Trump has basically won right now. I'll eat all that crow, I never thought he could win, I thought Hillary would steal it if she had to. This is incredible. Pollsters were way off. Its over. If he wins one more State its over. Trump has won. Enjoy your win, I know you'll be happy.

·
Premium Member
9,844 Posts
"hopefully" we will be happy. A lot of us voted for Trump out of "necessity" (I know we had our back and forth over this) and NOT because we actually 'liked' Trump.

He was the only viable candidate that could put a stop to the Clinton corruption. I think, by now, we can all agree that he was not a Clinton "plant".

But, Trump is very capable of disappointing me, if he does not follow through on appointing the SCJ's he said he was going to do. Hopefully, he will do a great job.

·
Man of Myth and Legend
15,408 Posts
EJR, sounds like the old Chinese parting-- May you live in interesting times.

Nemo

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,911 Posts
Interesting times indeed.

·
Ninjaneering Computers
2,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If we've gotta eat it, might as well have a recipe:

Ingredients:
2-3 VERY young crows
1/2 cup carrots
1/2 cup peas
1 stalk celery, chopped
1 onion, chopped
2/3 cup milk
1 tbs corn starch
2 pie crusts

Preparation:
-Kill, clean, remove head, feet, and feathers from crows.
-Sear skin over open flame.

Preparing "Pie":
-Cover with water and boil 5-6 hours, adding water as needed.
-Cool
-Remove meat from bones, and chop finely. Place in bowl.
-Preheat oven to 350.
-Mix cornstarch with milk, and stir until smooth.
-Add carrots, peas, celery, and onion.
-Mix well.
-Add chopped crow, and mix well.
-Put 1 pie crust in pie plate, piercing pie crust for ventilation.
-Pour crow mixture into pie shell.
-Cover with second pie shell. Seal edges with small amount of water, pierce for ventilation.

Cooking:
Bake 50 minutes until pie crust is golden brown.

Yield:
As many as need to eat crow.

Serving:
Serve hot.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
I think the country wanted to flush the "establishment" out of our lives.

·
Registered
4,414 Posts
I feel like an idiot. Here's what I posted on Facebook on June 27:

"I'm not even going to debate politics on this post. I'm just going to say this: he's going to lose. He's going to lose badly. Very badly."

·
Junior Butt Warmer
46,427 Posts
Nullifier said:
"I'm not even going to debate politics on this post. I'm just going to say this: he's going to lose. He's going to lose badly. Very badly."
"...he's a tremendous loser, an amazing loser... no one ever loses like he does... and he made the winners pay for it, too..."

:lol:

·
Banned
7,204 Posts
No crow to eat here.

Hillary's supporters were right, a vote for Johnson is a vote for Trump.

See everyone, I voted for Trump! :rotfl:

Seriously, I am pleased with the outcome and pleased to not have to endure 4 more years of GPDO griping.

Congrats on the victory.

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,617 Posts
Me too. I'm pleased he beat Hillary, but I'm not "happy" about him going from a business tycoon and reality TV star to the most important position in the world.

I didn't see it coming.

He did so much to piss off so many people, especially the Lefties in Hollywood and the mainstream media... And they took every opportunity to slant their news stories against him (after he got the GOP party nomination).

I do note, however, that Gary Johnson only got 4% of the vote.
If he'd gotten the 10-12% his supporters predicted, I think most of those extra votes would have been siphoned-off from Trump. That would've let Hillary win.

Also, the media never did make a huge issue about electing a woman as the first female Prez ever.
They could have played that hand more boldly.
Like they did 8 years ago for the first black prez.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts