Officers shot in Byron

Discussion in 'News' started by Bkite, Nov 6, 2016.

1. mountainpass

mountainpass Under Scrutiny

Last edited: Nov 7, 2016

2. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

3. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

4. Feral

Feral Active Member

That and when the media says things like "the gun was properly registered" even though said state has no registry, or assault weapon, or anything of the sort. It's all more misinformation.

5. moe mensale

6. moe mensale

7. gunsmoker

I'm just using the terms of the 1994-2004 AWB to explain what kind of gun I'm referring to.
    What kind of gun he had.
    I'm speculating here.

In other words, I doubt this was done with a redneck with a deer rifle.

8. moe mensale

9. gunsmoker

The double cop-killer is allowed to make a plea deal that spares his life, and lets him serve live in prison. He's in his 60s already, so that's probably only 15 years before he croaks of natural causes.

https://www.macon.com/news/local/crime/article217646390.html

A few days ago the video of the shooting, minus the few seconds where he actually gunned down both of the deputies with the Glock 43 he'd been concealing IWB under a green tee shirt, had been released. It shows the interaction between him and the cops, who say they have video of him threatening to kill a couple of black teenagers who were riding dirt bikes up and down the street. He was holding a "squirrel rifle" at the time, he claimed.

After killing the 2 deputies, he went into the house and came out with a chest rig load bearing vest (doesn't look like body armor to me) and a scoped AR15 and what looked like another AR but in 7.62 x 39 because the magazine was much more curved than .223 / 5.56 magazines are. But the news reports say his other gun was a "12 gauge shotgun" so, if that's true, it must have been some AR pattern 12 gauge combat shotgun, magazine fed, with a telescoping M4 style stock.

He seemed like a gun nut.

The news report says he was a Navy veteran, but it didn't say what his MOS was. In civilian life, he was an electrician. His family said he was prone to rage and anger, especially when he'd been drinking. And he said he'd been drinking that day.

10. StarJack

StarJack Well Aged Member

I'm disappointed they didn't go for the needle, that would have still meant several years in prison even if he didn't fight the DP. Seems the case was as strong as you could ever hope for, I just don't get it. I'm leery of capital punishment in general, but this is a case that called for it in my opinion.