Officer Who "Body Slammed" Woman is Being re-hired

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by Malum Prohibitum, Nov 11, 2005.

1. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

2. jrm

jrm Sledgehammer

What?

He says he put her gently on the ground? Unless the person is unconcious, how do you put her gently on the ground? And why did he have to take her out of her car and put her on the ground in the first place? If he really thought he had probable cause to arrest her (which from the media facts does not seem like a reasonable thought to have), does he really take the position that he used the minimum amount of force necessary to make the arrest?

3. Malum Prohibitum

This bozo showed up at here hearing with his arm in a sling, claiming she injured him with the mirror on her car . . .

I saw the video - gently, yeah.

What if this was your momma?

4. ICP_Juggalo

ICP_Juggalo Professional Troll

This is exactly why I try to avoid going to the airport if I can help it. I am so afraid that if I was to get into some altercation with a cop there I would surely end up in jail... Because I sure as hell wouldn't stand or sit there and let myself be belittled by this high school bully.

And not to open a whole other can of worms, but I have the stinking suspicion that if this officer had been other than black, then he wouldn't have gotten his job back. Something tells me the race card was played in there somewhere. Seen it all too many times before :roll:

5. Malum Prohibitum

Read this article to see how the Atlanta Civil Service Board can't be trusted to remove a rogue police officer from the force -- even when that police officers costs the taxpayers of Atlanta $350,000 by body-slamming a woman to the ground at the Atlanta Airport. He had been disciplined 13 times previously . . .

http://www.ajc.com/news/content/metro/a ... rport.html

6. Savvy Jack

Savvy Jack Banned

Re:

I would become a criminal and we might be less one Atl LEO!

7. IrishTiger

IrishTiger Active Member

Funny you bring this up. He's was arrested again recently for hitting his girlfriend. And before that he was put on administrative duty for tackling a guy for waving a gun (that was justified). The sad this is I know this guy. He's a cop in my area, and has done a great job with people. First time I saw him (and didn't know who he was) I was OCing, and he got out of the car (after I made a call to 911 - he was a responding officer) and he points to my pistol and says "That's what I like to see!" Shame really.

8. IrishTiger

IrishTiger Active Member

I actually believe him to be a very good cop. I have even written a letter of recommendation for him (before any of this crap hit the fan) because of his attention to detail, and work ethic. I've seen nothing but professionalism from him. Now his girlfriend (whom I've not met) was apparently arrested for controlled substances or something - I can't remember. I think she was trouble, and what he was doing with her I'll never know.

What I DO know, is that he's helped me with several issues in my area, he's been a good cop, he comes quick, and works hard. The other officers that work with him respect and like him. I think a lot of this is BS personally.

9. Paladin

Paladin Fattus Patrickus

Are we all talking about the same guy? If so, this thread took a turn for the surreal.

I saw the tape on this, ahem, altercation and I can assure you, had this been my wife or relative this gentleman would no longer require gainful employment. Disciplined 13 times? To those of you who have the authority to hire and fire: how many chances do you give your employees? Mine get three.

10. zookeper

zookeper Active Member

do i have to draw you a picture?

11. Malum Prohibitum

Just curious whether you watched the video and think that is "very good cop" work, of which you would like to see more in Atlanta, or if perhaps you are arguing that this other stuff you say (likes to see you openly carrying) outweighs what you saw in the video.

If you are referring to the airport incident, then please elaborate.

12. TippinTaco

TippinTaco New Member

this thread is why my other thread didn't get closed :p

Thanks MP. I really started to think I was the only person in the world who thought this cop isn't qualified to wear the badge he took an oath to serve and protect. He has some issues, and soem skeletons in the closet obviously, and to date a 18 year old well I for one could careless, but he should pick better company, possibly a gf that won't report him for beating her. How does a officer get diciplined 13 times for violating policy, slam a woman into the ground and cost tax payers $350,000, keep his job? Shouldnt there be a 3 strikes you're out policy or something? You can't overlook these problems because he serves a particular community well. He has some problems and honestly he should just back down and find another line of work.

13. martin_j001

martin_j001 Active Member

You are not alone in your thinking. :righton:

14. mark5019

mark5019 what me worry?

yup not alone

15. WGTactical

WGTactical Member

Not alone...here's a recent story that happened back in my old stomping grounds. :?

http://www.oakridger.com/highlight/x142 ... th-assault

16. Malum Prohibitum

That alone means nothing. He could have been 30 seconds late for work. I was once disciplined for chasing, and catching, three car thieves. Unless you know what the disciplinary violations are, the fact that a police officer has been disciplined tells you absolutely nothing relevant to this situation. Or do you think that police departments lack stupid, incompetent, foolish, or self-important supervisors that maybe you think only other jobs have? :D

17. drtybykr

drtybykr New Member

http://justice4talexander.blogspot.com/ ... f-but.html

18. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

"Somebody" knows every "criminal."

19. Paladin

Paladin Fattus Patrickus

Well, ok. I guess every one of us has had a real prince of a super or boss who handed out written verbals like Halloween candy, but the several numbers I've seen (from 27 on the high side to 13 on the low) seem pretty high even if that's the case.
    Having never been a cop, I can't say what is normal or abnormal.