Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Senior Mumbler
6,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
https://www.wtoc.com/2021/10/09/gbi-searching-suspect-after-fatal-officer-involved-shooting/
Officer killed this past Saturday.
The GBI and the Alamo Police Department held a news conference Saturday afternoon and officials stated Officer Harrison was shot and killed outside of the Alamo Police Department around 1 a.m. Saturday. This was Harrison’s first shift at the department.
The Suspect was taken into custody Sunday
According to the GBI, Damien Ferguson has been arrested and charged with the murder of an Alamo police Officer Dylan Harrison. In a press conference Sunday, the GBI said Ferguson was taken into custody during the execution of a search warrant at his home in Alamo.
It appears the suspect killed Officer Harrison as retaliation for arresting his associate on Friday.
Officer Harrison was involved in an altercation on Friday at the Circle K located across the street from the police department, according to GBI Special Agent in Charge, Lindsey Wilkes.

“Officer Dylan Harrison was on duty when he made contact with a man for a traffic violation in the parking lot,,” Wilkes explained. “Officer Harrison asked the man for his name and identification and the man refused. The man got into a verbal altercation with Officer Harrison, that escalated to the man pushing the officer.

Wilkes added that Officer Harrison attempted to place the man under arrest, but the man didn’t comply, which led to Harrison discharging his Taser.

“The man was arrested and taken to the Wheeler County Jail,” said Wilkes. “He is a known associate of Damien Ferguson. It is believed that the ambush-style attack on Officer Harrison was retaliation for the incident and arrest of the man.”

·
Cross-drawer
7,320 Posts
Holy crap! That's terrible!
I'm wondering what kind of a traffic violation an LEO can enforce on private property, like the Circle K parking lot. Maybe it was just bad, or incomplete reporting.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
I don't necessarily read that as a traffic violation in the parking lot, only that that's where contact was made, meaning he pulled him over and the guy drove into the Circle K. But, I believe there are several ways someone can be stopped even if the offense occurred entirely on private property. I've heard DUI, Reckless Driving, Reckless Endangerment (speeding right by a pedestrian), cutting a corner to avoid a red light.

·
Man of Myth and Legend
15,135 Posts
Yeah, I read it as-- he made contact with a man in the parking lot for a traffic violation.

Nemo

1 - 5 of 5 Posts