Officer Deaths Down

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Malum Prohibitum, May 16, 2007.

1. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

While any deaths are bad, the decline is nice to hear.

http://www.washtimes.com/national/20070 ... -7699r.htm

2. Sharky

Sharky New Member

Amen to that, glad to see numbers decreasing. It said 26 were wearing body armor. Does this mean the others did not wear a vest?

3. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Yep, you would be shocked a the number of officers who think it makes them "look fat."

"Hey! You are fat!" I would tell them, but it usually did not help.

Another issue is that they are terribly uncomfortable here in the Georgia heat. Not as uncomfortable as a bullet hole, though.

They are actually more comfortable to wear rather than not wear in the winter . . .

4. Sharky

Sharky New Member

yeah I am sure it isnt comfortable. I know the guys in FL hated them and my friend would always complain. But he was allowed to wear shorts, which sorta helped he said.

To bad technology wasnt cheaper and more available for a better, thinner, ligher product!

5. legacy38

legacy38 Active Member

They are uncomfortable and very hot in the summer, but I wear mine when in uniform. It's actually our policy to wear them when in uniform.

... of course I look fat even without the vest. That's probably because I am fat. :shock:

6. Sharky

Sharky New Member

no with us guys (including myself) that have a little extra its called "big boned" according to Cartman!

7. S&W 40

S&W 40 Active Member

I could but I won't...

For me it is biggish gut, no bones about it.

8. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Wearing a BPV is not mandatory?