Officer Accused Of Flashing AK-47 At Club

Discussion in 'Georgia Crime Reports' started by mark5019, Oct 22, 2010.

1. mpc

mpc New Member

Limited Vickers

2. HydroAuto

HydroAuto GPDO Commonlaw Spouse

:? AR-15 or AK47?

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=52372

Where's that graphic? To the press, every long gun is a AK-47 and every pistol is a Glock.

3. shamalama

shamalama New Member

4. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

A rather inappropriate way for a police officer to break up a scuffle. Somebody is on a "look at me!" trip.

5. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

I once read where a guy barricaded himself in a house "armed with a .30 carbine" and held off the SWAT team for hours before surrendering.

Well, later in a different news report it showed the cops carrying away the man's 16" or 18" barreled lever-action carbine. Probably chambered in .30-30 Winchester.

Whether the cops told the journalist wrong or the journalist was trying to confuse people to help get an assault weapon ban passed / renewed.... all I can say is:

:x

6. HydroAuto

HydroAuto GPDO Commonlaw Spouse

7. TimBob

TimBob Old, Slow, Boring Dude

How about a tricked-out Mini-14? Anything with a pistol grip and a clip <DUCKING> ok... a visible magazine. :wink:

What gets me is that the officer is said to be a "four-year veteran" of the force. Only 4 years? While no longer a rookie, he's not exactly a veteran either. However, ANY officer should know better than to brandish a weapon in such a way.

8. Macktee

Macktee New Member

Something about this, aside from the journalistic errors, just doesn't sound right. Was the cop on an ego trip, as MP suggests? Was he aiding the escape of the three rowdies? Did a trained LEO really think that was the best way to assist security?

As I said, something about this just doesn't sound right.

Maybe it wasn't his issue AR-15 or an AK-47.

Maybe it was more like budder's rifle. BTW, since he started law school, he hasn't been around here all that much. It's almost like he thinks that's more important that we are. He always was a strange one. Should make an excellent lawyer...

[​IMG]

9. Hock25

Hock25 New Member

Responsible journalism is long gone. Since the witnesses viewed it by flashlight, at best the reporter could accurately say "rifle," and likely could only say it was a "long-gun." Instead, they reported inaccurate(because it's unverified) information. I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to be a shotgun, or even a baton.