Oconee GFL

Discussion in 'GWL News & Information' started by zxd9, Jan 4, 2007.

1. zxd9

zxd9 Active Member

My wife applied for her permit in Oconee county today. They said we should get a call from probate court in.... get this.....2 business days!! :shock:

We shall see what Monday brings. :)

2. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

3. Sharky

Sharky New Member

Heaven does exist!

4. SheriffOconee

SheriffOconee New Member

the only reason it takes that long is because we have to hand carry the paperwork between the jail and the probate court. havn't figured a way around that yet
    IF the computer system we are asking for at the end of the month is approved by the Governing Authority, then once we are in our new building and up and running we SHOULD be able to give ONE business day service

5. pro2am

pro2am New Member

:cry: (sniffle) that brings a tear to my eye (sniffle) :righton:

6. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

Lol. I think the citizens of Oconee will expect a drive through window next. :D

I really like this Oconee place. It's really not terribly far and it's right by what looks like a nice lake. Maybe I'll move there someday. I'm about to have a heart attack dealing with this city.

7. SheriffOconee

SheriffOconee New Member

Well, we have a great probate judge, former State Trooper and just a great guy. I hope everyone on the board from Oconee remembers that if anyone is stupid enough to run against him

8. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Could not have said it better myself.

9. SheriffOconee

SheriffOconee New Member

Truth is if everyone was doing what they should be doing a forum like this wouldn't have much reason to exist other than to watch the Legislature.

10. SheriffOconee

SheriffOconee New Member

Talk about a great place to live. This guy comes in today, he had bought an FN Tactical Police Shotgun for himself, he likes it so much he wants to buy me one. Well, I can't take it but he is buying one for the office for the SRT team. We have good folks here.

11. Malum Prohibitum

That is what we hope for one day . . .

12. Crowkiller

Crowkiller New Member

I NEED to move back to Oconee County, before all the folks fleeing Clarke County ruin it.

13. SheriffOconee

SheriffOconee New Member

Crowkiller, better move quick....XD, I saw you at the Firing Lane but forgot to ask, did your bride get her GFL yet???

14. zxd9

zxd9 Active Member

Not yet Sheriff. Maybe the weekend played into the delay.

15. SheriffOconee

SheriffOconee New Member

10-4. Not only that, but if the judge was mailing it that will account for a day or so while it drifts through the county's mail system.

16. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

Must be nice. Forsyth Co. took almost four months to get mine to me. :evil:

17. SheriffOconee

SheriffOconee New Member

XD, how about an update??? She get it yet?? Been a week today I think

18. Malum Prohibitum

Let me get this straight. Oconee is a county where the local authorities, instead of putting you off, actively pursue you to see if you received your GFL yet?

:lol:

19. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired New Member

If only they would stop giving me speeding tickets when I'm on my way home from UGA games... :cry:

...OK, it only happened once, but still.... :wink:

20. SheriffOconee

SheriffOconee New Member

So, you met one of my troops up on 316 huh. Won't make you feel better, but you ain't the only one. How fast???