Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife applied for her permit in Oconee county today. They said we should get a call from probate court in.... get this.....2 business days!! :shock:

We shall see what Monday brings. :)

·
Registered
10,667 Posts
the only reason it takes that long is because we have to hand carry the paperwork between the jail and the probate court. havn't figured a way around that yet
IF the computer system we are asking for at the end of the month is approved by the Governing Authority, then once we are in our new building and up and running we SHOULD be able to give ONE business day service

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
IF the computer system we are asking for at the end of the month is approved by the Governing Authority, then once we are in our new building and up and running we SHOULD be able to give ONE business day service
Lol. I think the citizens of Oconee will expect a drive through window next. :D

I really like this Oconee place. It's really not terribly far and it's right by what looks like a nice lake. Maybe I'll move there someday. I'm about to have a heart attack dealing with this city.

·
Registered
10,667 Posts
Well, we have a great probate judge, former State Trooper and just a great guy. I hope everyone on the board from Oconee remembers that if anyone is stupid enough to run against him

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
pro2am said:
:cry: (sniffle) that brings a tear to my eye (sniffle) :righton:
Could not have said it better myself.

·
Registered
10,667 Posts
Truth is if everyone was doing what they should be doing a forum like this wouldn't have much reason to exist other than to watch the Legislature.

·
Registered
10,667 Posts
Talk about a great place to live. This guy comes in today, he had bought an FN Tactical Police Shotgun for himself, he likes it so much he wants to buy me one. Well, I can't take it but he is buying one for the office for the SRT team. We have good folks here.

·
69,743 Posts
SheriffOconee said:
Truth is if everyone was doing what they should be doing a forum like this wouldn't have much reason to exist other than to watch the Legislature.
That is what we hope for one day . . .

·
Registered
10,667 Posts
Crowkiller, better move quick....XD, I saw you at the Firing Lane but forgot to ask, did your bride get her GFL yet???

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
SheriffOconee said:
XD, I saw you at the Firing Lane but forgot to ask, did your bride get her GFL yet???
Not yet Sheriff. Maybe the weekend played into the delay.

·
Registered
10,667 Posts
10-4. Not only that, but if the judge was mailing it that will account for a day or so while it drifts through the county's mail system.

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,926 Posts
zxd9 said:
My wife applied for her permit in Oconee county today. They said we should get a call from probate court in.... get this.....2 business days!! :shock:

We shall see what Monday brings. :)
Must be nice. Forsyth Co. took almost four months to get mine to me. :evil:

·
69,743 Posts
Let me get this straight. Oconee is a county where the local authorities, instead of putting you off, actively pursue you to see if you received your GFL yet?

:lol:

·
Registered
5,215 Posts
If only they would stop giving me speeding tickets when I'm on my way home from UGA games... :cry:

...OK, it only happened once, but still.... :wink:

·
Registered
10,667 Posts
So, you met one of my troops up on 316 huh. Won't make you feel better, but you ain't the only one. How fast???

1 - 20 of 51 Posts