OC'd yesterday in a couple of interesting places

Discussion in 'Places Off-Limits' started by XDMWarrior, Dec 16, 2010.

1. XDMWarrior

XDMWarrior New Member

I had to go to Middle GA College to get a transcript. I OC'd. The lady that helped me was her usual friendly self, and chit chatted. No mention of weapon. I went upstairs to financial aid to pick up paper work. The lady greeted me and told me she had been expecting me. No mention of weapon. I left campus, without incident.

I then rode to Soperton, to deal with a speeding ticket. I walked into Courthouse, and right into the Sheriff's office. He was siting there with a couple of locals just shooting the bull as it appeared. I asked him about the ticket. We walked across the hall to the probate court office and took care of the ticket. He shook my hand and told me to have a good day. He never once said anything about my weapon.

I then rode to Brewton Parker College where I went about my business in several offices. I bought a couple books from students and dealt with registrar and financial aid folks. Much to my surprise, no one said anything all day. I was dressed in plain clothes, nothing special. I wasn't looking for an issue. I am hopeful at least that people who see me enough don't fear a mwag, and actually embrace it. I did have a copy of 16-11-130 in my pocket.

When I walked in at my house, my wife exclaimed, " I know you didn't go to school and the sheriff's office with that pistol. I just gave her my copy of 16-11-130. Does anyone want a nice looking woman who works hard, cooks good, and whines about OC?

2. JeF4y

JeF4y New Member

edit - failed to read your entire post correctly. Carry on...

3. TimBob

TimBob Old, Slow, Boring Dude

<sigh> I assume you are military or a retired LEO. What you did yesterday should be legal for ALL of us!

4. Aberk

Aberk Custom User Title

Were they really off-limits if you were allowed to carry there?

5. jdh31313

jdh31313 Active Member

What he said...We really need to work on these messed up laws

6. sirkut

sirkut Member

Some would take this as bragging. Tread softly.

7. XDMWarrior

XDMWarrior New Member

I wholeheartedly agree with you. I was dressed in carharts and a long sleeve collared shirt. In other words, nothing to exhibit that I am exempt by law. This was my first time carrying on campus and into a courthouse. I was pleasantly shocked by the "No reaction".
    Sirkut while I understand your point, and from what I already experienced here, it has nothing to do with bragging. I could just as easily have said I went in Walmart OCn, and got a similar comment because some people are just afraid or apprehensive about OCn. I assure you it is not about bragging. It is about loosening up the sheep to be more accepting of law abiding citizens to exercise our rights. At least that is my idea and the XDM is too big to CC. I am about to get a XDM compact after New Year. I may just CC the majority of the time then. I just don't know.

8. Kingfish

Kingfish New Member

I do.

9. XDMWarrior

XDMWarrior New Member

I am not surprised. There are those here who just want to piss in other people's cornflakes, and the majority of those seem to be from the metro ATL area for some reason. Move out of town and get away from all the stress. It is killing you.

10. Match10

Match10 Active Member

Like Paul Harvey exclaimed... the rest of the story? I presume you are exempt? Do tell.

11. XDMWarrior

XDMWarrior New Member

That is why I carry a copy of 16-11-130 in my pocket. Did you notice that part in my post. Whether I am exempt or not, does not really matter as I had a good encounter all the way around. My exemption would have only come into play if I had to defend while I was OCn to some of the individuals encountered. I acted normal and that was that.

12. Kingfish

Kingfish New Member

If you had not been "exempt" you would have committed several crimes on your outing including a few felonies if you were not "exempt" and not a GFL holder.

13. XDMWarrior

XDMWarrior New Member

Match while I agree with you. My point is none of the sheep even appeared to notice or were not afraid. That is my point. No mwag calls or anything. I would not have done it if I were not exempt, true.

14. Verbal101

Verbal101 Active Member

Isn't that the point? The exemption is ridiculous. We should all be doing this w/out breaking a law.

15. Kingfish

Kingfish New Member

I see your post the same as I would an on duty LEO carrying at locations off limits to law abiding Georgia CITIZENS.

Since my location is in my profile (I live in a cabin on Lake Lanier) I will assume I hit a nerve and am correct in my take of the post.

Also, some of us earn our own cornflakes, they are not granted to us by daddy government.

16. drtybykr

drtybykr New Member

:popcorn:

17. dcannon1

dcannon1 New Member

:popcorn: :popcorn:

18. Campeck1911

Campeck1911 New Member

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

19. I can agree to this! I don't mean any disrespect to those competent ones that are in the military and law enforcement, but it is absolutely bulls*** that people in those professions are "granted more rights" by the government.

20. Match10

Match10 Active Member

Yes, I did. However, there is a list in that section. I am curious. No need to be insulting about it....