OC tomorrow in Forsyth

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by kaizer, May 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kaizer

kaizer New Member

Hey guys,

Wanted to send an open invite to come eat with me tomorrow. I am going to eat lunch around 1 at the honey baked ham store in cumming. For those of you not familar it is right near the home depot out on hwy 20. May get a chance to educate some people on carry laws, definitely won't have a problem with the management there. My buddy is in charge over there has his cc permit and is an advocate.

He was actually unloading a truck at another one of his stores this week while oc and was approached by all things but a rent a cop who asked to see his permit. Pretty brave for a guy packing a flashlight. I told him he should have told him to piss off and mind his own business, but what can I say I am a prick.

Anyway, hope to see some of you forsyth guys out there, I know this is short notice.

2. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I would, but I don't think I'll be back form the gun show in time.

3. legacy38

legacy38 Active Member

Thanks for the invite, but I'm minding the store today.

Security guards can be a hoot.

4. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Security guard asking to see a permit? I probably would have laughed in his face until I had tears streaming down mine. I mean...what is he gonna do...call a real cop? lol.....man...I'm laughing just thinking about it.

5. Mojoski

Mojoski New Member

Where is the gun show this weekend?

Thanks!

UPDATED: After a bit of digging online I'm guessing you're heading to the show in Birmingham...

6. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

:rotfl:

7. Macktee

Macktee New Member

Well, ya gotta admire the rent-a-cop approaching an armed individual and questioning him while unarmed himself.

He must have a pair big enough to fill a wash tub... Or, that badge sorta overwhelmed his (probably somewhat limited) thought processing capabilities........

Can't you just picture him back "at the station" with the other badged individuals regaling them with his war story of the day?

"So, while on patrol and alert as always, I noticed an armed individual within my zone of responsibility. Immediately, I approached the potental perp and demanded he produce his Georgia Firearms License identification certificate of authenticity. Thereupon I proceeded to......yada, yada, yada."

I'll bet the others were awestruck.

8. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Yep... they were :shock:

9. kaizer

kaizer New Member

according to my buddy, the guy is responsible for that section of strip mall and he said he was very apprehensive about approaching him. Must have had to work up a lot of courage. I give him props on having the balls to do his job, but it really isn't any of his business to ask about the permit.

Anyway, I OCed today in Forsyth at the HB ham and home depot, where is the support people?

I do encourage you to frequent the HB Ham, my buddy is the district manager for a bunch of them in the area, he will great you with open arms if you come in carrying. His name is Matt.

10. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

:righton: I can't wait to get back to Georgia and look at getting an OC holster...

11. luke0927

luke0927 New Member

I'll be working as usual....thinks for the invite

12. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

State Farmers Market in Forrest Park. Not to much there though. I picked up a scope mount fo rmy Sauga, and hoping for some ammo deals, but there were none to be found.

13. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

Never assume that someone you don't know is unarmed. There are concealed carry security guard licenses (not just open) so just because you don't see it doesn't mean it isn't there. Also, there are some people that will carry illegally and/or against their work policy.

Just my $0.02.

14. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

Why would it take "balls" to talk to someone open carrying in a holster? We all say that that is a sure sign of a safe person so there is nothing to fear. Why would he need "props?"

15. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

I'm not trying to be a jerk here :wink: but for the sake of discussion couldn't this be a public gathering?

I mean couldn't it be considered a group of people gathering for a particular function (open carry, educating the public of the law, etc.)?

I'm sure if two or three people showed up it would never be considered but what if say 10 or 20 people open carrying showed up? I think there'd be a real case for that being a PG.

This might be a stretch but if the purpose of an open carry event is to "educate the public of the laws" couldn't that be a "political function" and thus expressely a PG in the law.

The PG law has to go! :evil:

16. Hickory Flatlander

Hickory Flatlander New Member

I agree with you..."why". Kinda plays into reasons for not open carrying.

The guy could have been concealing :wink:

17. Hickory Flatlander

Hickory Flatlander New Member

Not a flame....but that kind of statement is only going to feed those who oppose open carry or any carry for that matter. And yes he would probably call the cops and then where would you be.

I hope you were really joking ....Lets be smart and respectful out there.

18. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

OC isn't illegal...so what would the "real" cop do?

19. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

I was absolutely not joking.

No rent-a-cop is going to demand to see my permit. No citizen is going to demand to see my permit. I guess I should rephrase those to say I would not show a rent-a-cop or another citizen my permit if they demanded.

How does it "feed those who oppose open carry or any carry"? Is it because I might hurt their wittle fweewing?

Let him call the real cops. I have a GFL and I'd be in a legal area.

Unless he asks/tells me to leave I don't care what he says.

20. kaizer

kaizer New Member

Let me explain why I think it took balls for him to walk up to an armed guy out back unloading a truck. Here is the history:

At that very same store about two years ago two of the employees were killed by an armed assailant that came in through the back door and robbed and killed the two employees. One of the two was a security guard with the same company. I understand your point that he may have been armed, but this is a basic rent a cop unit and he probably wasn't. My buddy was out back, unloading a truck late at night and had a weapon. Chances are this guy was a little nervous walking up. I give him props for having the courage to do his job when one of his co-workers was killed two years ago at the same location by a person with a gun. Nothing more to it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.