OC LUNCH GAINESVILLE, GA Jan 15th 1:00 PM Smokin Pig BBQ

Discussion in 'GENERAL EVENTS' started by Owl, Nov 22, 2010.

1. Owl

Owl New Member

[UPDATE]: THE OC LUNCH IS AT 1:00 PM At Rick's Smokin' Pig at 130 John Morrow Parkway.
    It's in the shopping center with the Gun Store that doesn't allow guns. ;) LOL We think that it is the shopping center with a " Sav-a-Lot" in it, too. The number for the place is 770-297-0912.

This is an OC event, but you do NOT have to OC to join us. We're not babysitting here, we're just meetin' to eat and greet. ;)

This is THIS Saturday. If we can't get this topic sticky-fied, I will try to remember to bump it each day.

Owl

2. zookeper

zookeper Active Member

Re: Open Carry Lunch, Gainesville GA - Jan. 15th

i'm interested

3. 2Abeliever

2Abeliever Member

Sounds like a great idea. I will keep an eye for more updates.

Owl, so sorry but just found out that I have to work all weekend and won't be able to make it. I was so looking forward to this.

4. Aberk

Aberk Custom User Title

Its a bit of a hike, but I may try to make this.

5. Melissa5

Melissa5 Active Member

Guns and BBQ....excellent!

6. Scotsman

Scotsman New Member

I'm interested. I'm not TOO far away, so let me know if you could use a hand or something. Also, I've found doing a Facebook event with invites gets a VERY GOOD turn out on things.

7. Seca

Seca New Member

I will have to check my schedule. If i am in town I will be there.

8. OleDog

OleDog New Member

I will be there, I see no conflict on that date.

Regards to all. :D

9. IcarryOPEN

IcarryOPEN New Member

Sounds good, A bit of a trip but hey......for good BBQ.......I will try.....

10. Owl

Owl New Member

I'll keep you posted as we get closer. We found that the pulled pork sammich was really good, the Brunswick stew was fair depending on how you like it ( we like ours very tomato-y) and the coleslaw has pickles in it. Wife thought it was ok, but i loved it. They have three different sauces and all are excellent. Didn't try anything else, but I'm eager to go back and "test" out more of their menu. :)

11. krmbigmac

krmbigmac Active Member

I am interested, not really that far.

12. FreeRoosterSales

FreeRoosterSales New Member

Will make every effort to be there.

13. guardguy

guardguy New Member

The wife and I might be game, we are only 30 miles away.

14. MWAG

MWAG Active Member

it ain't nothin' for me and my boys to drive to g'ville from acworth to eat some bbq with you guys! so barring any world changing event or a break down of society as we know it (as if we couldn't or wouldn't fight our way over there and back for some good bbq), we'll be there on the 15th..............

15. MY GUN/MY RIGHT

MY GUN/MY RIGHT New Member

Hey, Owl. I'm one of those who said I wouldn't mind helping you out with this a few months ago. :wink: Sorry I haven't been by much lately. I just noticed this thread. Glad to see it.

I see a couple of names in this thread that ate at the Gainesville Ihop OC lunches I set up last year. I can be there if it's during the afternoon. What time are you thinking of?

PM me if you need to.

16. Fallschirmjäger

Fallschirmjäger I watch the watchers

Google Maps says it's 1.4 miles from the Georgia Mountain Center that everyone is used to gun shows being at, so ..... pretty close :)
    It I'm not working that weekend, I'm up for it.

17. Owl

Owl New Member

MG/MR - I haven't thought that far ahead. I was thinking around 1Pm though to make sure we weren't all having to stand in line right at lunch - I figure some folks still have jobs they need to get back to. ;) The owner is letting me hold another group meeting there too and seemed very open to the OC thing. They're pretty new, and it looked like they could use the business too, so we'd be helping out not only a gun-friendly fellow, but an OC-friendly fellow too. Maybe you could just fill me in on how these things normally go. I'm guessing nothing special happens other than 30 people making the place the safest place to eat in three states!? ;)

18. MY GUN/MY RIGHT

MY GUN/MY RIGHT New Member

Pretty much. :) You will need to check with the management concerning how busy they will be at 1pm. It might be better to make it about 2pm. I say this from experience. Although, the management will best know how/when they will be able to accommodate those that wish to come. Once the time to hold the meet has been established, it's just a matter of you posted the time here and getting the nays and yeas. Once things are set, I'll be there. Just let me know.

19. Owl

Owl New Member

I've talked with them about the time already, but I'll confirm it as we get closer. Maybe this week, even.
    I thought about making it in Dec. but with so much going on, I thought I'd give everyone alot of lead time for planning.

20. TippinTaco

TippinTaco New Member

Of course I'll be there bud. I wouldnt miss it for the world. Speaking of I need to plan another Cumming/Forsyth event, I'll be sure to do that after yours. I don't want or will ever steal ya thunder homie :D Its time we go fishin again btw.