OC Holsters

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by ntech, Jul 10, 2007.

1. ntech

ntech Member

Okay, you guys helped me out with the CC holsters, and that is handled. Now, I am looking into OC holsters. Any favorites among you guys? Links?

I was thinking about the Blackhawk injection molded holsters, either a level 1 or 2. What do you think? Also could you tell me what a roto holster is?

2. mzmtg

mzmtg Active Member

No retention, I know, but this is what I use, it's a Don Hume 721OT:
    [​IMG]

3. zookeper

zookeper Active Member

i just got a blackhawk serpa 2 with carbon finish for my model 92 and i like it a lot, nice retention.

4. Mafuta54

Mafuta54 Active Member

What is that in the holster?

5. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

I have the Blackhawk Serpa 2 as well, but I got a great deal on one without the carbon fiber - really doesn't matter other than looks, but it's a great holster. I'm looking to buy another one so I don't have to switch from paddle to belt as much though.

Next holster I'm buying though is a Galco FLETCH. I have a wedding to go to in another month and a half and I need something that won't bulge as much. And the wedding isn't in this state - it's in one that actually allows carry in church.

6. mzmtg

mzmtg Active Member

Water pistol.

7. Cavediver

Cavediver Member

I've had a Serpa for about 2 weeks (XD9sc). So far, I like it. The paddle is very comfortable and, after a couple of modifications (thanks larryg2!) it's pretty easy to put on or remove as needed.

8. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

In a world of compromise, some don't.

:wink:

9. mzmtg

mzmtg Active Member

Super Soaker

[​IMG]

10. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

He needs to clean it, though.

11. mzmtg

mzmtg Active Member

Nah, mine shoots better when it's full of dirt, powder residue and lint.

12. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

To momentarily get back on topic, I got an e-mail from Tom at Southern Holsters tonight. He has the "custom goods" turned off for three weeks. He's getting caught up on orders, taking a vacation, and designing a new website.

He has ordered the dummy gun to make the new holster for my M&P. I'll post pics when I get it.

13. gizmo5

gizmo5 New Member

Ross Leather holding onto an STI, I got this one for $33 with a military discount. Its suede lined and comfy. Holds well and is a good position for me to draw. All in all Im very pleased. I will eventually get the galco quick slide, but this will do for now... [​IMG]