Obtaining more states

Discussion in 'General GWL Questions' started by Malum Prohibitum, Apr 11, 2007.

1. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Once a person gets Georgia's license and a Utah nonresident license, are there additional states to be picked up by applying in another state?

2. ber950

ber950 Active Member

Yes

Yes but most require instate training and are only valid in that state. If you travel to those states regularly then they would be worth the trouble.
    ex
    Nevada
    Mass.
    http://www.handgunlaw.us/LicMaps/ccwmap.php

3. Malum Prohibitum

The problem with that map in the link is that it does not distinguish between resident and nonresident licenses.

4. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

I don't think you have to have the training in Mass., you just have to have training. I've read that you can obtain the license through the mail.

I have also read online that a non-res. license for Mass. is close to "shall issue" if you are qualified and jump through the hoops.

The only catch is that it is only good for a year and the cost is $100. It really isn't worth it unless you go to Mass. frequently.

5. Malum Prohibitum

:shock:

6. luke0927

luke0927 New Member

For the Utah don't you have to complete a class? when work slows down i wouldn't mind taking a class.

7. Malum Prohibitum

8. PressureDrop

PressureDrop New Member

9. PressureDrop

PressureDrop New Member

It looks like with a Georgia license + CT, ME, MA, & UT you could cover everything possible with only those 4.
    [​IMG]

For those not going up north UT looks to do everything possible (except CT, ME, and MA).
    [​IMG]

I wish SC and WV had some sort of logic to their no recip :roll:

10. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Yea...dang SC. That's the only one I'm really interested in getting ATM, as I don't do too long of distance travel.

11. MCM&P

MCM&P Guest

I agree, SC needs to get with the program. I was actually told by a SC FBI agent that they would recognize a GA license, but not sure I want to take the chance. I met him and a couple of Al. cops at some training thing they had up in Florence, Al. a couple of months ago. I actually have a business trip to SC next month where it's like 650miles round trip, it would take just as long to fly as it will to drive so I opted to drive. Sure would feel better about it if I had my sidearm in the seat with me.

12. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

You can keep a pistol in your glovebox in South Carolina (like Georgia) without a license.

13. MCM&P

MCM&P Guest

Loaded/Unloaded?

14. Malum Prohibitum

Attorney, forum member, and GCO member (and GCO's speaker at the last lunch) DKing is also a Utah instructor. I do not know when his next class is.

15. Malum Prohibitum

Loaded/Unloaded?[/quote:2yhm8lng]

Loaded.

16. Malum Prohibitum

They won't. The FBI agent does not know what he is talking about. Put it in the glovebox. Take it into your hotel room.

17. PressureDrop

PressureDrop New Member

I have all the stuff to go down the FL and VA roads - But if I can get a UT then I might just do that one.

Would more interest in a UT class help get one going sooner?

18. MrMorden

MrMorden New Member

They won't. The FBI agent does not know what he is talking about. Put it in the glovebox. Take it into your hotel room.[/quote:sxw3hw0h]

Why would anybody listen to and FBI agent as an authority on STATE law anyway??? :screwy:

19. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

Why would anybody listen to and FBI agent as an authority on STATE law anyway??? :screwy:[/quote:3h0sklsr]
    Maybe he meant SCBI?

PressureDrop, it certainly can't hurt. Could you post your interest in the other UT thread, so that Bulldawg will have a more accurate count?

20. Malum Prohibitum

Regarding your map, Maine is in the works for Georgia. They already passed a law that will recognize Georgia, and the AG's office here and the Maine State police are currently working on it.

http://www.georgiacarry.org/cms/2007/10/05/gco-requests-ag-honor-other-states-licenses/

The contact information for the Maine State Police is in the letter in a link in the link.