Obama's SOTU address tomorrow night

Discussion in 'Off-topic Political' started by mtber1172, Jan 24, 2011.

1. mtber1172

mtber1172 Member

Anyone else interested in hearing what the POTUS has to say, especially in regards to gun control issues?

2. seereus

seereus Active Member

We have a potus?

3. 1str8shot

1str8shot New Member

yeah, POTUS = piece of totally unamerican :censored:

4. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

Why listen? It will just give me a headache, and will probably be a complete landslide of bullcrap.

I can't even listen to him anymore without sitting there and calling him out everytime I hear him lie.

5. CountryGun

CountryGun New Member

I feel for ya'll! I couldn't stand to watch "W" either.

6. mb90535im

mb90535im Well-Known Member

I try to watch all of them whether I agree with the one giving the address or not. For some reason I feel that as an American, it is my civic duty.

7. William

William Member

8. EJR914

I can understand that, but on account of my blood pressure, its probably recommended I don't. I despise being lied to by politicians. Especially, one as slick as Obama. He's a very good liar.

9. Nullifier

Nullifier Active Member

I can relate to both of those feelings. I dislike the man and am not really interested in anything he has to say. He makes me furious when I know he is not telling the truth and i wind up yelling back a the TV screen.

On the other hand, he is the President of the United States and as a citizen it is my duty to be informed on what he is doing to screw up the country so I know how to fight back against it.

10. EJR914

You do this, too? Glad I'm not the only one.

11. Match10

Match10 Active Member

Oh man... You don't want to be at this house tomorrow.... :cantsay:

12. vooduchikn

vooduchikn New Member

13. Nullifier

Nullifier Active Member

You got that right. My special ladyfriend will not sit in the same room with me when I watch Obama on TV because of my yelling and screaming.

I come by it honestly though. I remember many years ago as a boy, watching my grandfather as he watched the Watergate hearings on television. I remember him yelling at the TV screen "You're all a bunch of crooks and liars!!" over and over and over. And he was right.

14. EJR914

Same with me. My wife will not sit in the room with me when I watch Obama on TV. All the yelling back at the TV screen.

My dad or grandfather didn't do this, so I don't know where I got it from. I know one thing, it certainly raises my blood pressure.

15. JiG

JiG Awaiting censure

Why do y'all yell at the tv? Just give it the one finger salute and change the channel like I do. Don't work yourselves up when in the end you know you aren't going to do a darn thing but hope the guy you vote for next will tackle the problems all the previous elected for the past 146 years didn't solve. :screwy:

16. jmorriss

jmorriss Active Member

If he does I am glad I placed the order for my upper and mags on Sunday.

I am just going to bed early tonight. I will read it tomorrow.

17. Owl

Owl New Member

NO. I know what the "State of the Union" is. It's CRAP. Unless you're CHINA, of course...

18. EJR914

The State of the Union Drinking Game!

http://www.stateoftheuniondrinkinggame.com/

Sounds like a great way to spice up the State of the Union, if you plan on watching it! Hilarious!

19. Nullifier

Nullifier Active Member

You forgot him saying "let me be clear here" or "let me make this perfectly clear" followed by a statement that makes no sense at all. :lol:

Of course if you drank everytime he said that, you'd be passed out cold before the speech was over.

20. EJR914

:lol: Good one. I think that's the point of the drinking game. Just some medication to help you through all the BS, if you're lucky you'll pass out by the end of it, and hopefully only have vague memories of the whole thing anyway. :cheers: :drink: