Obamacare lite

Discussion in 'Off-topic Political' started by Bkite, Mar 7, 2017.

1. Bkite

Bkite PawPaw x 3

Rand Paul at about 2:57

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRKQr7LH4PA[/ame]

2. NTA

NTA Well-Known Member

Entitlements never go away, costs votes just to think about it

3. Bkite

Bkite PawPaw x 3

4. ICP_Juggalo

ICP_Juggalo Professional Troll

Republicans fail us again. Big surprise there. :rolleyes:

5. TimBob

TimBob Old, Slow, Boring Dude

I am not pleased. Why not repeal Obamacare, and let the free market settle things?

6. atlsrt44

atlsrt44 Well-Known Member

I hope it fails horribly. Cowards

7. Wegahe

Wegahe NRA Instructor

It will...

Time to write senators and reps.

Access to heath care and having insurance are 2 different things. Before ACA everyone had access to health care. Now more people have insurance but can't afford to use it and barely afford to pay for it.

Say NO to Trump Care

8. BSCLibertarian

BSCLibertarian I'm kind of a big deal

https://www.cato.org/blog/house-gop-leaderships-health-care-bill-obamacare-lite-or-worse

9. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

It should.

10. CoffeeMate

CoffeeMate Junior Butt Warmer

'Zactly.

11. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

This is a huge betrayal of the voters, but entirely expected. I was writing all over this web site that once ACA passed it would never, ever go away.

They will rename it and tweak it, but we are as stuck with its main provisions as we are with Social Security.

Welfare entitlement programs don't really go away.

12. Bkite

Bkite PawPaw x 3

I fear you are right. I also fear that many will just accept without a fight. By fighting I mean educating friends, family and acquaintances to educate themselves and actually communicate to legislators. They can write letters to editors in papers. etc. etc.

13. Bkite

Bkite PawPaw x 3

14. moe mensale

All of this is kind of moot at this point, no?

15. Bkite

Bkite PawPaw x 3

To you apparently. To others possibly. May be contingent on if you believe that just because it is back burner stuff now that it will not resurface. Also, with the current spin being put out by MSM and Trump himself, reasons for the opposition by folks like Rand Paul need to be disseminated.

16. moe mensale

The AHCA is dead for now. I wasn't saying I agreed or disagreed with removing the immigration verification although I'm against its removal. It's just not relevant right now. After Obamacare implodes then it will be.

17. Bkite

Bkite PawPaw x 3

18. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

Yeah, what Bkite said.
    This Obamacare LITE bill failed because many conservative Republicans balked at it.
    It would not be a real "repeal" in any way OTHER THAN to let spin-doctors for Trump claim that it's a victory and fulfillment of Trump's campaign promise.

I'd prefer that a conservative bill that is simpler and is NOT MANDATORY on anyone who doesn't want to participate, and which CUTS COSTS and the bureaucracy of health care, be proposed.

That GOP / conservative bill should be brought to a full vote-- official on the record voting ---by all House and Senate members. No killing it in Committee. No sabotage with back-room deals. Put it out there and make everybody go on the record with their vote.

Then, next time those politicians are up for election, let the voters make their choice based in part how they voted in the spring of 2017.