Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any body else watching this now? I wonder if he'll start talking about a Assault weapons ban?

·
Registered
10,667 Posts
He didn't. He didn't politicize it at all. Honestly, it was the best speech I have ever seen him give.

I wish he had named all the shooting victims. Other than that, he did a good job

·
Registered
7,594 Posts
SheriffOconee said:
He didn't. He didn't politicize it at all. Honestly, it was the best speech I have ever seen him give.

I wish he had named all the shooting victims. Other than that, he did a good job
I certainly concur! It was his best speech ever! Do not construe this as political support. I just see him as a decent man. Take from that what you will.

He could have guaranteed his reelection, if he had said that he did not fault supporters of the Second Amendment. He chose not to do so.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ya I agree.Although I really didn't see a whole lot of it, I was impressed

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
He may have done well with the speech, but the crowd didn't do well with decorum, and if it were me up there I would have asked them to show the respect due the victims and not act like they were watching a football game or political rally.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts

·
Registered
7,594 Posts

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
I don't understand the shirt issue either. If it wasn't done by a political party, and has ZERO endorsement or linking to such, why is anyone upset?

Should it say "You're on your own Sucker!" instead?

What bad taste is there in a statement of unity?

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
JeF4y said:
I don't understand the shirt issue either. If it wasn't done by a political party, and has ZERO endorsement or linking to such, why is anyone upset?

Should it say "You're on your own Sucker!" instead?

What bad taste is there in a statement of unity?
I take back my "tacky" comment. That was based on it being an "Obama 2012" T-shirt as the previous poster stated.

I think it's a sad statement when the notion of "unity" is considered a bad thing.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
mb90535im said:
I think it's a sad statement when the notion of "unity" is considered a bad thing.
+1, and even worse when a political party gets headlined for the objections. It would be nice if both sides could stop grandstanding and fingerpointing for 2 seconds and realize we all bleed red.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.