Obama - Invade Pakistan!

Discussion in 'National Laws, Bills and Politics' started by Malum Prohibitum, Aug 2, 2007.

1. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Associated Press

Has he just lost the anti-war vote? :lol:

2. M249

M249 New Member

As much as I want to give AQ a swift kick in the wedding tackle, sending troops into Pakistan a very bad idea.

This just confirms what I already believed to be true: Obama is damn charismatic, but he doesn't know what he doesn't know. I'd love to sit and have a beer with the guy, though.

3. rajl

rajl New Member

Does this mean all the conservatives can hold anti-war protests and dress in funny clothes while holding signs with catchy slogans? :roll:

4. viper32cm

viper32cm New Member

At least India will really like us. They might even help.

5. tony218

tony218 New Member

but what about all the PATELS in this country?

6. rajl

rajl New Member

Patel is an Indian name. It's the 2nd most common surname in India, after Singh. I think all the Patel's here in the US would LOVE it. :twisted:

7. tony218

tony218 New Member

oh, ok i've met a few that said they were from PAKISTAN.

8. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

NO BLOOD FOR PERSIAN RUGS!

9. Thorsen

Thorsen New Member

I think we should go after terrorists wherever they are located, to include Pakistan. I also realize that doing so would destabalize the current dictatorship there, most likely resulting in the government being reconstituted as a type of theocracy. A theocracy that hates America and has nuclear weapons.

I still think we should go in and do the job since Musharraf is most definitely not up to the task, I just know that we have to be willing to accept the consequences.

I know a nuclear attack on our soil is a matter of when not if. I think we should clearly articulate to the world that any nuclear, biological or chemical attack on our soil will result in a full scale reprisal with nuclear weapons, much as we did when we were facing down the Soviet Union. The world will not believe us until the first attack occur and we respond to that attack, but I think we should respond harshly and with nuclear weaponry. Only then will the countries that harbor these groups fear us enough to actually eradicate the terrorists in their midst.

--Niccolo Machiavelli

10. rajl

rajl New Member

Doesn't surprise me if there are Patels from/in Pakistan. There are still a large number of Hindus in Pakistan and Muslims in India. Pakistan and India used to be the same country. But every Patel I've met has been from India (now all the Ahmeds i've met....). I digress.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patel

11. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

:lol:

12. rajl

rajl New Member

Or

No Pakistan without an exit plan. :?

or

No moolah to fight the mullahs! :roll:

or

Take a stand, don't fight for sand. :puke:

I'll go back to my day job now. :oops:

13. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Active Member

On Obama - a smart man doesn't really tell his enemies what he is going to do ahead of time.... :roll:

On the whole terrorist jihadi against everyone but us kind of thing I'm really getting to the point that my new philosophy is

[​IMG]

14. viper32cm

viper32cm New Member

Regardless of ones feelings towards Pakistan just imagine how bad invading an ally would be for our "international reputation/image."

15. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I would not spend the billions of dollars that would be involved or waste th elives of American Soldiers to invade Pakistan. Looking for Bin Laden is bad justification, no one even knows if he is still alive. Assisting the Pakastani gvt in raiding/carpet bombing "terror training camps" or raiding them on our own is one thing, but invading Pakastan, at this point in time, is going a little too far.

16. Ashe

Ashe New Member

But is Pakistan really an Ally of the Muslim world?

Obama plays it down but he is a Muslim, he went to the same type of schools that turned out OBL and thousands of other terrorists.

17. phaed

phaed New Member

i don't much care for obama. but, i respect him for saying this. too many people are spinning it though.

18. merlock

merlock New Member

+1

19. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

What would Ron Paul do? :-k