Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the astonishing moment a book was apparently hurled at the head of President Barack Obama during a campaign rally in Philadelphia.

The flying missile narrowly missed hitting the President yesterday.

It is not clear what the book was, where it came from in the crowd, or why it was thrown at Mr Obama - who did not appear to notice the danger.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z12AENXwtQ

Kind of like the shoe incident with Bush, but this was right here in the U.S. They haven't caught the person. It appears the Secret Service is slipping.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
To bad it didn't at least graze one of those giant ears...... :lol:

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
drtybykr said:
Probably a copy of the Constitution. Someone was hoping he would finally read it.
That would be a good guess. I'm looking around to see if I can find a pocket Constitution with that cover. From the ones that I find on the internet, they appear to be like the one that I own, with a picture of a founding father(s) on it.

Maybe somebody will see the cover and recognize it.

·
Registered
7,683 Posts
I would not want to be the particular security team involved with that day's work.

Seems they would have caught the book thrower quickly, had to have been seen by many people.

That throw would be good for several years in jail.

·
Yukon Cornelius
11,752 Posts
i read somewhere that it was the author of the book and was wanting to give him a copy so he threw it up there...and iitc it said no charges would be forthcoming

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
rmodel65 said:
i read somewhere that it was the author of the book and was wanting to give him a copy so he threw it up there...and iitc it said no charges would be forthcoming
This is pretty much what I heard on Fox this morning.

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
rmodel65 said:
:lol: I guess he wanted to get it as close to his head so that he would see it, huh?

If he would have just wanted to, "throw him a copy" couldn't it have been a little bit closer to, I don't know, his feet maybe...

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
drtybykr said:
If he wanted him to see it, he should have thrown it at the teleprompter :shattered:
Ouch! :lol:

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
From Fark.com:

Somebody threw a book at President Obama. If you're trying to scare a president by throwing a book at him, you're one president too late.
:lol:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts