O.C.G.A. gun law list

Discussion in 'Website & Forum Suggestions' started by gunsmoker, Jun 14, 2018.

1. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

The old software we used had three choices under the "Gun Laws" tab.
    One was the summary called "Gun Laws in Plain English."
    Another was a list of O.C.G.A. statutes, listed by number, but with a short description of what topic(s) that law covered.
    And finally there was a caselaw page, where prior decisions from the Georgia Supreme Court and Ga. Court of Appeals that dealt with gun control or gun laws were linked, and given a short summary so that you didn't have to click on the link and open up a new page and a 30,000 word block of text to see that the case in question has nothing to do with the issue you're interested in.

BUT NOW there is NO MORE "CASELAW" secetion.

THERE IS NO MORE "O.C.G.A. code" section.

The only thing under Gun Laws is the plain-English summary. (Which does have links to Code sections, though, IF the law you're interested in happens to be one of the ones discussed in that plain English summary).

2. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

I guess that accounts for why the site was down for maintenance in the late morning. Not the best time to do server updates.

3. UtiPossidetis

UtiPossidetis American

Seems like a step backwards. Why?

4. moe mensale

Is anyone else experiencing delays in the site responding to inputs? Eg, I type something and it shows up 5 seconds later. Page loading sucks. Everything was running fine this morning before the update. Now not so much.

AtlPhilip likes this.
  5. tmoore912

tmoore912 Just a Man

6. tmoore912

tmoore912 Just a Man

AtlPhilip likes this.
  7. moe mensale

Delays are still prevalent. And now pages aren't loading completely.

8. moe mensale

And now, nearly two hours later, it's running like poo through a goose. :tinfoil:

9. moe mensale

Perhaps I jumped the gun. All runs fine for 10-15 minutes and then :banghead: . I log out and back in and all is fine for another 10-15 minutes and then :banghead: . Wash, rinse, repeat. I'm baffled. And only this site.

10. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

You wi fi connection? Once you hit a certain quantity of back/forth data you get shoved into the slow lane?

Nemo

11. moe mensale

I don't know. The strange thing is I visit multiple other sites daily that have far more "content" (for lack of a better description) than GPO and I don't have these issues.

12. moe mensale

Fairly decent run this morning. Still getting the typing delays though.

13. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

WHo cares about connection and page loading speed if the SUBSTANTIVE CONTENT here sucks? We need a visible link directing people to a firearms laws page where they can find the updated laws.
    Then, we ALSO need a visible link to the caselaw, where the Court of Appeals and Georgia Supreme Court have interpreted and applied the state's constitutional right to keep and bear arms, and various state-level gun control laws, with a bunch of decisions going back 170+ years. That's USEFUL.

And it's ridiculous that you'd have to know to do a backslash and type in the word "caselaw" yourself to find it.

14. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

I agree, but I do not own it.