Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend on mine David Castro was killed at Ingles (Cummins) in early Oct. He was set up by a employee . 5 teens were arrested and charged with robbery and murder . The traing per the state of GA. (Private Inv. & security Board) is 16 of training. The company s.o.p. is to never remove weapon unless you see a weapon. The training is a joke and needs up grading. Why is this board in Macon and not Atl.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
:screwy:

·
68,674 Posts
js223 said:
A friend on mine David Castro was killed at Ingles (Cummins) in early Oct. He was set up by a employee . 5 teens were arrested and charged with robbery and murder . The traing per the state of GA. (Private Inv. & security Board) is 16 of training. The company s.o.p. is to never remove weapon unless you see a weapon. The training is a joke and needs up grading. Why is this board in Macon and not Atl.
Are you saying there should be more training? On what? The law provides a minimum of two hours of firearms training for police officers. I do not know what it states for security guards. Would a law regarding more training have saved your friend's life?

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Malum Prohibitum said:
The law provides a minimum of two hours of firearms training for police officers. I do not know what it states for security guards. Would a law regarding more training have saved your friend's life?
In this case it probably would not have made a difference, the odds were stacked against this gentleman. It is always difficult to protect against an inside threat.

·
Under Scrutiny
19,386 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts