Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else see this? :sly: :screwy:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/10/23/ny ... nfit-guns/

"..Basically, if someone's not complying with what the government requires of somebody, that's usually a sign that you can't trust them to follow the rules with something like a gun," he said.
That part has me going... time to back away from the keyboard.

·
Registered
8,587 Posts
Sounds like somebody is gearing up for Maloney and Kachalsky decisions.

It will be interesting to see what leg(s) rights restrictions stand on while privileges (such as driving) remain untouched. I can understand not getting a permit if you have a bench warrant out for your arrest. However, I have difficulty understanding how one could rack up unpaid parking tickets yet retain a driver's license but have that be the basis to prevent one from obtaining a carry permit.

The state can't be two-faced about it. They have to either trust a person to run about with full rights and freedoms or they lock 'em up to keep their bad choices from harming others.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
SAY WHAT ?

I think NY (as a whole) has been smoking the wacky tobacky....

·
I watch the watchers
12,883 Posts
Can you imagine the outrage if they had chosen something that wasn't Constitutionally protected like say ... if you have bad debts then you can't be trusted to Vote intelligently?

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
Just ridiculous. :screwy:

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
I cant understand how any of this is constitutional. All this new crap and then a requirement to have a permit to buy a gun too

·
Registered
8,587 Posts
atlsrt44 said:
I cant understand how any of this is constitutional. All this new crap and then a requirement to have a permit to buy a gun too
Their current laws aren't and they are just coming to see that fact. These new proposals are probably a gut reaction to the shock of getting the laws they've been "protected" by for so many years thrown out. Not all of these proposals will be codified and not all of the new laws will pass constitutional muster under a future review.

·
Registered
15,974 Posts
Just more excuses.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts