NYC lawsuit against gun makers

Discussion in 'National Laws, Bills and Politics' started by Gunstar1, Oct 8, 2007.

1. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

Just found a write up of the appeal of Judge Weinstein's decision to allow the case to go forward despite that pesky law congress passed saying that it should not.

http://www.law.com/jsp/article.jsp?id=1190365388583

After all the anti-gun laws Rudy passed and this lawsuit that he started, if the NRA endorses Rudy for president, I am removing that membership link at the bottom.

2. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

3. Macktee

Macktee New Member

Hey GS1:

Thanks for posting that video.

So Rudy sez, the only legitimate reasons to manufacture or sell guns is for hunting or law enforcement? :bsflag:

As I don't do either, I guess he's of the opinion I shouldn't be allowed to buy or own guns...

I don't agree with him, obviously, because he's trying to ban a product I enjoy, but I also don't agree based on principle. It too much of the "nanny state" mentality; government knows what's best for us.

Using that same flawed reasoning, he could call for restrictions on the production of any product that he deems harmful to some segments of society. Products such as vehicles, alcoholic beverages, Big Macs, steroids, Brooks Brothers ties or whatever he happens to decide is being over produced or over sold in this country.

Well, guess what? I can't speak for the NRA, but for damn sure Ol' Rudy's not gonna get my endorsement........ or my vote!

:soapbox: